How do I reset master code for Omni Pro II ?

Igortech

Hello all, I bought the house which came with the Omni Pro II. It all works but I can't change any program, including temperature and thermostat control because I don't have a master code (any code for that matter). And the previous owner is MIA.

What are my options here? Can I reset it somehow? If I reset the system (how?) will all my current zones setup be lost? What are the consequences?

Thx,
ig

You can reset the EEPROM but you need the installer code to access the setup menu.

You can try the default 1111

The settup menu is 6,# ( for the installer menu), 6, then scroll down to Reset EEPROM" and select 1, #

When you press 6 for the setup,menu it wil prompt you formtheinstaller code.

Otherwise, you will probably have to contact HAI.

Thank you for your reply. I tried it, but I could not even get into setup menu, as it required a code.

I contacted HAI and they said I would need to send them the board, and they will factory default it and in the process would erase everything. I called some local company who say they service such systems, and they said they could reset it no problem - $175/hr first hour and then $100 for each additional - sounds fishy.

I was also planning to upgrade the firmware to 3.4 and use iPhone app for remote management. Do you know if I need a code for that?

again, thx. Pls let me know if you have other ideas.

You need the installer code to get into the inner workings.
You'll need the code for most tasks.

I don't know what HAI has to do to reset the board, but if they can't tell you on the phone, it may require a piece of equipment or a proprietary piece of software.
There may be a dealer/tech on this site, or at least someone with more knowledge of the inner workings than me, that can tell you if a local company can even perform the procedure.

It makes sense that a local certified tech company could reset everything, because I'm sure they run into this same situation routinely.
I just don't know if the quote price is reasonable or not.

The board must be sent back to HAI, it can not be reset in the field by anyone.
You will also lose all programing and data field entries.

On the keypad, bring up the zones, write down each entry and the it's respective order. Do this for all categories ie, Zones, Units, etc. you will not be able to retrieve any SCENE information.

All codes are limited to four numbers, Most dealers use the 4 digit street address, existing phone number or their office phone number. But that is not your biggest problem, you will have to know the ENCRYPTION code of the board, thats why it must be sent back to HAI to be reset.

You did not mention whether you have PC Access - dealer addition? If not you will have to have a dealer set it up for you.

You do not have to un-screw any terminals on the mother board, the terminal strips are held in by clips, put a small screwdriver in the seam on one end and lift gently, spreading the clips with your finger, this will keep the connections in order, take several pictures. Good Luck.

CW

It would seem that the easiest solution would be to get the previous homeowner to provide the information-  presumably for the amount paid to buy a house there would be some sort of willingness to provide a four digit number...  Really odd that they would sell you a house without ANY of the system codes-  that's like leaving out the keys to the doors or the title.  

I would also look carefully for any notes in the OPII cabinet-  many installers tend to write such tidbits in an obscure spot for their future reference.

I don't know if the HAI panel locks you out from excessive incorrect codes, but if not you could always just start entering 0000 through 9999 until you succeed.  

Igortech said:
Thank you for your reply. I tried it, but I could not even get into setup menu, as it required a code.

I contacted HAI and they said I would need to send them the board, and they will factory default it and in the process would erase everything. I called some local company who say they service such systems, and they said they could reset it no problem - $175/hr first hour and then $100 for each additional - sounds fishy.

I was also planning to upgrade the firmware to 3.4 and use iPhone app for remote management. Do you know if I need a code for that?

again, thx. Pls let me know if you have other ideas.
Fishy...Most companies have a minimum charge for sending a tech to a site..nothing wrong with that. In PA it's anywhere from $200 to $400 or more for the first hour on site and travel.

I would ask more questions to get the exact process before going any further.

If HAI says it must be sent back them maybe this local company knows some things like the installed codes used by themselves and other dealers in the area and they think they can unlock it for you...Maybe they installed it!

I guess I am confused... why couldn't you connect a laptop with dealer PC Access on it to one of the serial ports?  You can download the entire program that way, installer code not needed.  You could then also put in all the codes you need.

That's right. I don't have installer code. But there has to be a way to do crack it. I am not a dealer, but I can try to download of access program and connect it. While I work in IT, I am afraid I can mess-up something in there when I connect.

My end goal is to upgrade it anyway to v3.4 and get iPhone connectivity setup.

I would not mind sending the board to HAI for factory default reset, but I will loose all definitions and I have lights, audio, security, etc. and mainly, if I disconnect it, how would I control my AC thermostat? It is 90 degrees here in Chicago.

I know it is a secure system, but there is got to be another way. Previous owner is either an asshole or seriously does not remember it. So I am stuck methodically guessing the code for now. I may try to ask prev owner who installed for him and call them.

Any other thoughts guys?

Thx,
ig

If they are HAI thermostats you should be able to just pull the serial connection at the thermostat and it will run standalone.  You can program schedules and such directly into HAI thermostats.

I don't think you can mess up anything trying to connect with the dealer access software.  I seem to recall that it disconnects every three incorrect connection attempts, but I have always been able to just reconnect at that point and try again.

There are only 10,000 possible choices-  just don't blink when you pass the correct number.  I would tend to try simple strings first-  0000, 1111, 2222, 5678, 9876 etc...

All,

I just tried it, it works.  Just plug in a laptop with PC Access into a serial port set as OmniLink and connect to the controller.  Download the config.  The installer code is set in the Miscellaneous Settings.

Change the code to whatever you want, write the config back to the controller, call it a day.  Nothing lost, no money spent, and no shipping the thing back to HAI.

That sounds too easy. You don't need credentials to download the config? (Credentials that may have been cached by the software)

Back