Haiku Haiku 4 is going to be revolutionary, add your suggestions

lupinglade

With version 4.0 we are redesigning the Haiku UI from the ground up for improved performance, usability and a brand new look. Feel free to post your ideas or suggestions and we may include some of them.

Please keep the icons on the bottom of the screen..... i love the quick access it provides. Some color would be great although i do like the dark look.image.jpg

Cool floorplan idea that when you click on a room (extended setup) it pops up/overlays a list of the items

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 82
A simple one would be to add the status last update time. When I open the app I'm not always sure what time the status shown is from. I usually wait a few seconds so I can make sure the values are current.

I think that floor plan is in everybody's top 5 most wanted features.
Apart from that I'd personally like more use of gestures; now we have a swipe up http works great, but why no swipe left/right to switch panels? Or to switch units on or off? As it is now if I want to switch a unit I have to tap once to get to the control section, once on the control for the unit to pop up and finally tap on the on switch. I could just swipe right to turn on and left to turn off. The panel change could be a two finger swipe left right in this case.

Also I'd recall my old request about the buttons being accessible when a camera pops up, the ability to send mail or notifications (I'm still looking forward for possible uses of the iOS 7 multitasking I asked about some time ago - maybe some notifications when events occour?).

Also the direct ON OFF buttons I requested a while ago.

I'll have a ton more requests, but I'll leave to that for now.

launching apps from within haiku would be awesome. I really hope the remote app could be integrated into a haiku page like irule has with their remote module. Or some sort of itunes integration within the app would be perfect.

Back