Haiku Problem connecting to IP Camera

jay01

I seem to be having a difficult time getting some IP cameras working in Haiku. These are mini-dome IP cameras that were sold both as HAI 68A111 and Brickcom FD-100's. They work fine in any other application I have tried but Haiku shows a HTTP 200 OK verify the URL points to a valid MJPEG stream. 
Has anyone used one of these cameras and can you confirm your setup parameters? The stream is definitely set to MJPEG and I've played around with various resolutions. Is there a specific resolution that needs set?

Thanks!

The HAI 68A111 camera defintitely works. We test with it here.

You have to use the "MJPEG over HTTP port" as configured in its web interface. The default port is 8008.

Hi. I'm wondering if there is support for ip cameras other than HAI? I have a Speco VIP2B3 camera that does mjpeg but can't get it to work in haiku. Keeps complaining about a valid MJPEG stream.
Is port 8008 standard or is it vendor specific?

I am having a hard time finding any info or support documents regarding ip cameras with OPII and/or Haiku. Any hints or guidance would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Can you access the camera in a web browser?

The docs have a default IP address of 192.168.30.220.
Did you change it?
I don't see a port specified in the docs.
Default web port is 80 (no need to enter a port number - 80 is assumed if none is specified).

I've used the Haiku camera viewer with HAI and Vivotek cameras and even web based jpgs and gifs.

Thanks for the reply. I did change the IP but it works fine in my local network. I did just get a response back from Speco tech support with URL info. If you are trying to access the mjpeg stream you have to append "/jpeg/1/jpeg.php" to the IP. I will try this from Haiku when I get home and inside my network.

For now, I've tried forwarding port 8008 (and other random port numbers as well) to try connecting via my DDNS host name. This is the same DDNS I use for connecting to my OPII and it works great. 8008 was guess because that's what HAI cameras use. I'm trying to find out what Speco uses. I think it is 80 but does that mean I would have to forward port 80? Don't really want to do that because isn't that standard hhtp web traffic?

In Haiku camera setup I used. http://<ddnshostname>:8008/jpeg/1/jpeg.php
But still get same *no valid MPJEG stream error.

I did try this URL by remoting into my home PC and it does take you directly to the MJPEG stream. However.....per tech support, it only works in mozilla based browsers (namely Firefox). They are correct becasue I couldn't get it to work in Chrome. So, how will that effect getting this to work via Haiku? It is using a certain type of brower technology?

Thanks for the help. I'm gradually getting there.

I wonder if the jpeg.php URL actually is an HTML page? You need to get the direct image URL. Try viewing source at this URL using Firefox.

Back