• 554 posts
  • Experience:average
  • Software:CQC
  • Tech:RadioRA2
  • Audio:Sonos
  • Video:Windows Media Center
  • Phone:Linksys PAP2

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

And to not seem like a shill for CQC, I should probably note that I would likely have been an Elve user if it hadn't been dying a slow death a year ago when I was looking to choose my HA system. 

#62 Dean Roddey

Dean Roddey

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

The answer I got above from Dean to my inquiry about a couple of what I consider necessary features deepened my concern.

I continue to watch and listen.

Those things can only be implemented in the tablet clients themselves. There's nothing I can do about it, since they are third party products. I think that the iOS client already does implement them. If not, talk to the developers and ask about having them implemented. Ask on the forum section devoted to the iOS clients and you can get answers from others who use it.

#63 Dean Roddey

Dean Roddey

Cocoonut

• Registered
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1895 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:40 PM

dgage, I think you are probably correct.  What has kept my head peaking in the tent has been actions by Dean that I have interpreted to mean he was leaning in the direction of simplifying it's use.  The latest being his video demo of the touch screen that he indicated was all drag and drop created.

That's always been the case. Almost no one writes any code to create their user interfaces. You can if you have those skills and just want to because you want to. But there's never any need to.

The interfaces in that video are the ones I'm working on to become the basis of the upgraded auto-generation scheme in 4.5. But they were just built in the normal way. I create them first as working interfaces, then I chop them up and use them as the raw materials for generating them for specific hardware.

We will also be working towards some auto-sensing of hardware, though that won't fully come to fruition until 5.0  later in the year. And for things like the Elk and Omni, where it's available, we are updating those drivers to read the configuration from the devices and auto-configure the driver based on that, so that it's easier to get started. The Omni driver is already done.

So very much we are working towards simplifying the setup, while retaining the power. So we are building helper tools on top of the existing, very open ended, functionality, instead of reducing the functionality.

#64 Automate

Automate

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Software:Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:DSC
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire
  • Phone:VoIP via ISP

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:05 AM

Great news posted in the Elve forum.

All,

Thank you all for producing a fantastic user community. I wish I had more time to devote to Elve so in my absence I have decided to...

Phase 1
I will be releasing a version 2.1 of Elve in the near future with all licensing and anti-piracy protection mechanisms removed. This version will be available at no cost even if you have not previously purchased Elve.

Phase 2
I am considering inviting a select group of developers to carry on development of Elve at their own pace.

Phase 3
This is in the works.

Please feel free to comment in the forums.

Thank you again for being a part of the Elve community.

Sincerely,
John Hughes

#65 JonW

JonW

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Definitely great news.  Elve is what I wanted to use.   :)

#66 Deane Johnson

Deane Johnson

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Tech:Z-Wave

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

This is great news.  I've looked at other software as a replacement for my Elve if push came to shove, and I couldn't find anything that appeared to be as simple, robust, and trouble free as Elve.  It's a shame that John didn't find it economically viable to stick with it full time.  He is a superb programmer and has a very clear mind for conceptualizing a simple and stable approach to programming.

Let's hope for a great future for Elve in a new structure.

#67 Automate

Automate

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

New Free Elve 2.1 is now available

http://www.codecoret...hp?topic=1893.0

#68 BraveSirRobbin

BraveSirRobbin

Cocoonut

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7388 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

What version is this? 

• Elve Enthusiast
  • Elve Power Enthusiast
  • Elve Professional Residential
  • Elve Professional Commercial

Are drivers included?  For instance, I wouldn't mind trying this, but I need Elk (Ethernet), Ocelot, NetCallerID, W800 (all serial) support as well as a custom serial driver for an A-D board.

Edited by BraveSirRobbin, 22 June 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#69 Automate

Automate

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

Should be unrestricted in any way, the equivalent of Professional.  Unlimited drivers, unlimited user, unlimited clients.

All drivers included here http://www.codecoret...nt/Drivers.ashx

except the following were removed because they were not compatible with possible future open source license

• Removed Wiimote driver
  • Removed Proximity driver
  • Removed POP3 driver

Also the following have been added

• Google Charts driver
  • Mitsubishi Projector (HC3800/HC4000)

Edited by Automate, 23 June 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#70 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8424 posts
  • Software:Main Lobby, Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire, xAP, xPL, ALC
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:MythTV
  • CCTV:analog, ip, dvr
  • Phone:Asterisk, FreePBX, Ooma, POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:26 AM

Its been a few years now since I have looked at Elve. 

That said goofing around a bit installed it and found it pleasingly structured.  (well too the consoles just work)

House is a sandbox of automation stuff; such that I have accumulated much hardware interfaces over the years (along with many touchscreens).

#71 myyaz33

myyaz33

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

Its been a few years now since I have looked at Elve. 

That said goofing around a bit installed it and found it pleasingly structured.  (well too the consoles just work)

House is a sandbox of automation stuff; such that I have accumulated much hardware interfaces over the years (along with many touchscreens).

I will be curious to see how it works connecting it to your HAI Omnipro.  Mine is locking up.

#72 JonW

JonW

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II
  • Tech:UPB

Posted 26 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

I will be curious to see how it works connecting it to your HAI Omnipro.  Mine is locking up.

Mine only appeared to lock up for a couple minutes after setting up the initial connection because it is downloading the HAI config.  How long have you given yours before killing it?  It may take several minutes.

#73 pete_c

pete_c

Cocoonut

• -=Gold Supporter=-
  • 8424 posts
  • Software:Main Lobby, Open Source Automation
  • Hardware:HAI OmniPro II, Mi Casa Verde Vera, Ocelot
  • Tech:X10-PLC, X10-RF, UPB, INSTEON, Z-Wave, ZigBee, 1-Wire, xAP, xPL, ALC
  • Audio:Russound
  • Video:MythTV
  • Phone:Asterisk, FreePBX, Ooma, POTS, VoIP via ISP

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:22 AM

Works fine here.  You can test it using the "Invoke Method".  I have been just playing a bit with it here.

The picture is showing am HAI UPB light change and concurrently showing it in Homeseer.

Attached File  Elve.jpg   91.08K   31 downloads

Omnistat via OPII works fine too.

Attached File  ElveHAIHVAC.jpg   69.07K   27 downloads

#74 Frunple

Frunple

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

Even with the 1.x versions the driver takes a long time to "download" all the info from the Omni. Usually just the initial connection though and after that it's pretty quick.

Give it time and it should work, although there are a lot more bugs with the omni driver in the version 2 release than the version 1.

#75 mdonovan

mdonovan

Dedicated Cocooner

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Software:Elve, Custom
  • Hardware:Elk M1, Custom
  • Tech:Custom
  • Video:XBMC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

Has anyone tried to sign up to the community on the codecore website? I never receive the activation email, and I have tried quite a few times over the past 2 days. I'm looking for a driver for XBMC and the ECM-1240 that seem to be on there, as well as some driver sample code that shows more than the basics covered in the online documentation, but as a guest I can't download them.

Matt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users