Temp Sensor Status

TJF1960

Hello,

Would it be possible, without too much trouble, to include the Temp sensor status (bound/unbound status or 1/0) for each of the temp sensors on the status page that is emailed via WC8 boards?

Thanks,
Tim

Don't know if it is relevant to your project but on all of mine I monitor temp status, debounce it to make sure there is really a problem and if so send out a temp sensor  fail email. That way I get specific notification of the problem without having to look through normal status email from the WC.

/tom

Tim,  Thanks for your request.  Some status emailed are the captured data, like TTL IO state change. Some of them are just dynamically generated when email sending.  If we will add that to the email message, then we will need to dynamically generate it.
Also, for some users using txt message to receive notice, they don't want message too long, since the size of txt message is limited.

The manual says "For longer bus, 16uS or longer may be desirable. 1-wire signals are travelled
in CAT5 cable at speed about 20Meter/uS. However, we recommend to add filter
resistor to reduce bounced signals from stub wire and far end of the bus, instead of
change the timing."

What is the stub wire and what value resistor is recommended? Is the resistor placed across two wires or in series with one of them?

Thanks,
Tim

Stub wire is probably 10cm or 0.1 meter in length.  The key thing is to make sure each sensor has different cable length to master, avoid star configuration.  In addition, if you add that 22Ohm resistor, please refer to Maxim web site recommendation, to add that to pin 2 of the sensor chip.
3.2.17g firmware added some improvement to better handle sensors located in close and far sections of a long wire. 

That is my conf.,I have a sensor mounted on the board and another 30feet away as well as sensors in between those distances.
You had sent me an f rev. Where I had to lower the adjustment from 15 to 5. Is rev g the same or were there more changes?

Thanks,
Tim

F revision in normal operation use 15 in tsdo, with longer cable, you may adjust that to smaller number. In g version firmware, default is 3.  If the sensor after moving to a longer cable not working, then you will need to adjust the timing on tdso value under general tab.

What is the default TDSO value on the WC32?  Can it be changed like on the WC8 General Setup?  I moved a DOW from a WC8 to a WC32 and now most temp sensors (there are only 6) report values but remain unbound (as opposed to fail)

WC32 does not have TDSO value adjustable. On WC32 board, there is a dedicate 1-wire bus master chip, that chip has its own CPU, automatically measures responses from slave sensors and adjust internally by itself.  WC8 has main CPU handle how temp sensors communication. WC32's main CPU talks to this 1-wire bus master controller chip, not sensor directly.

Does power cycle the board help at all?  Which version firmware do you have on this board?

4.02.10 firmware.  I swapped the DOW back to the WC8 and everything was fine.  Swapped back to WC32 and two report unbound.  Will play with wiring as well to see if i have something there causing an issue

What kind of temp sensors are they, DS18B20 or DS18B22?  Could you please let us know its 1-wire device ID?  you can see that from WC8 or WC32 temperature sensor management screen.

DS18B20.  2891962F0500.  Right now it is the only sensor on the WC32.  Temp reports a reasonable value but unbound.  Is on about 25m of cat3 cable with a pullup resistor at the end.  I can connect short runs as well and get the same results.  It comes off the board and goes into a RJ11 female receptacle and the cat3 plugs into it.  On the WC8 I took it into a R11 multitap and each stub was less than 2m.  The other sensors are back on the WC8 thru the multitap and are fine

What is this sensor 1-wire ID on WC8?  I think it might be the last portion of the ID "00" confused logic.  If we can confirm the ID on your WC8 board, we can make change on firmware, so that it will not have this problem.

Back