CLOCK MEMORY

BTCAD

Hi,
    Is it possible that when I power off the board then power on the clock is back to 20h00 ?

BTCAD said:
Hi,
    Is it possible that when I power off the board then power on the clock is back to 20h00 ?

The boards don't have RTC chips or backup batteries to keep them running.
If you have tasks that are time-of-day critical, ensure the board has internet access, configure an NTP server (or use the default), and write a simple two-line test at the start of your program. Test for the year being earlier than 2014. While it is, loop to the start. This will ensure your program doesn't "get going" until the board has been able to read the time from the network.

On WC8 board, it does support DS2417 realtime clock chip.  If you have battery powered DS2417 connected to the 1-wire bus with WC8, it will remember whatever the clock supposed to be from last power on.  WC32 has not populated that feature in yet.

That can be added easily.  We were expecting someone play with that and give us some feedback, so that we can make the final release on that.

Using external realtime clock module like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221583720092

through I2C interface, you can have clock running with power off, in addition, there are external EEPROM you can store value into it.
We have a discussion thread showing all the PLC code on this forum in the past.

Good, i found the thread and plc code to make a test and i have ordered 5 RTC over ebay! I'll let you know.

Back