Haiku Newbie to Haiku

rugao123

Hello everyone.  Sorry, I'm very new to the HAI Omni II pro, installed tonight and downloaded HaiKu.

1)  I've tried to connect the HAI to my lapton, the connection doesn't seem to fit, do need a adapter or desktop PC?
2)  where do I get the information for the Address, Private Key A and B?  From my routers?  and security code?
3) if do get a mac mini, does it has to be physical connect it to the router or through wireless?  
4)  Is there a documentation for HaiKu app?

Thanks 

> 1)  I've tried to connect the HAI to my lapton, the connection doesn't seem to fit, do need a adapter or desktop PC?
Are you familar with how TCP/IP devices interconnect? If your RJ45 connector doesn't fit in the connector on the Omni board, you have the wrong connector port.

> 2)  where do I get the information for the Address, Private Key A and B?  From my routers?  and security code?
You can access all panel information from any any keypad. Check the HAI Setup Guide.

> 3) if do get a mac mini, does it has to be physical connect it to the router or through wireless?
Mac Mini's support both wireless and wired networking connections.

> 4)  Is there a documentation for HaiKu app?
Documentation isn't their strong point.

Are you using Haiku or HakuHelper? Because on your Mac it would likely be HaikuHelper.

HaikuHelper does have documentation in the Help menu, but connecting isn't documented as its simply a matter of inputting the correct values into the connection screen.

It looks like you need to set up your OmniPro II or get whoever installed it to provide the information you need to connect.

Thanks everyone for the support.

I was able to find the private keys part 1 and part 2, entered them without dashes in capital letters.  Used the ip address what the console displays.  I'm getting connection failure, after multiple tries.  

I figured out, some how I had to shut down the router and turned on again.  Changed the IP address on the control panel.  Thanks everyone.  

Back