Elk M1 not speaking zone changes

whodah

Hi all,

My Elk was speaking, including zone changes, just fine. I took it offline to relocate it, got distracted and the M1G sat in my office disconnected for about a year. I hooked it up again. Now my Elk is speaking in the sense that if I "Send and Say", then the Elk dutifully announces "Front Door Open" (or whatever). However, when I open/close said door, she's silent... (No voice.) I do get the keypad chime acknowledging the zone change and (of course) the keypad recognizes the zone change too. This behavior is consistent across all zones.

Globals -> Output 1: all volumes are set to 7.

Globals -> Voice: all voice items are enabled.

Zone ### -> Definition: 01, Type: 0, Atrributes: Bypassable = enabled, Enable chime = enabled, all other Attributes are disabled.

Rules: none (I'm new! :D )

Any ideas on why she's giving me the silent treatment worse than a ticked off 12 year old when I open/close a zone? Thanks!

You need to set the chime mode to voice, press the chime button on the keypad until it says "Chime=Voice".

Wuench, I just moved to St Louis and have been unable to find an Elk installer in the area, do you a recommendation?

I installed mine myself.  I don't really have a recommendation but you should be able to go on the Elk website and submit a request to fine on.  I think there was one working out of Earth City that was giving training listed on an email I got from Elk at one time.

Back