Call Elk through HTTP?

rayzor

Hi,

I have an IP camera with Blue Iris which can call a website if there is motion detected.

This camera for example sits on my front porch. When motion is detected, I would like it to call to the Elk to (trigger a virtual output?) or something to have it announce 'Front Porch Motion'. This might get annoying, and I wish I could just have it play a simple tone instead.

Any ideas how to make this happen?

That really could get annoying, lol. I had to turn off my Garage camera alerts because a tree grew much larger than last year. You could have it trigger an Arduino and have the Arduino output to a monitored zone in Elk M1. Not sure about the HTTP Requests though.

standon said:
That really could get annoying, lol. I had to turn off my Garage camera alerts because a tree grew much larger than last year. You could have it trigger an Arduino and have the Arduino output to a monitored zone in Elk M1. Not sure about the HTTP Requests though.

Sounds like Arduino is a wired based solution at best (not imagining I can pull off something with wireless on it)?

Any solution that is wired is not feasible - the only cable going there is a CAT6 already used by the camera itself. Getting another cable there is just not feasible due to how it was constructed :(

You can send the elk an ASCII command to act as a trigger, if Blue Iris can be configured for that.
Check out the Elk ASCII guide.

Back