Newbie Question: Z-Wave and HAI Omni Compatibility ?

I use the Kwikset deadbolts (preferred because they actually move the deadbolt) as well as the RCS thermostat (TZ45).

The Kwikset models that have the Home Connect logo are those which are wireless enabled - within the Home Connect models you will find both Zigbee and Zwave offerings. I prefer the 914 as it has the full 10 digit keypad, and stores up to 30 codes locally.

tripleJs15 said:
Thanks, I thought the Deadbolts were ZWave though ?
They are. So is the VRC0P. You asked about zwave, right?

BTW, the Schlage locks also move the deadbolt.

Frunple said:
They are. So is the VRC0P. You asked about zwave, right?

BTW, the Schlage locks also move the deadbolt.

Since when? I know the original models had the clutch that just released the deadbolt, but a person had to be present to actually lock/unlock it. I didn't realize they had changed this.

Wow. I definitely missed that!

Has anyone here integrated one of the Schlage deadbolts with an Elk? If so, any comments on how the functionality compares to Kwikset? Obviously, the basic lock/unlock, but I know with the Kwikset you can also check battery status and it would also send a Jam message if there was an issue extending the bolt.

How are the user codes managed with the Schlage?

All that stuff isn't really "lock" related. More so depends on the zwave interface since battery status, etc, are supposed to be standard zwave messages. So if the elk supports them with the kwikset, it should support them with any lock. I can tell you HAI does not support anything but lock/unlock but I wish they would update for user codes at least. That way you can trigger off of the user who unlocks.

Frunple said:
All that stuff isn't really "lock" related. More so depends on the zwave interface since battery status, etc, are supposed to be standard zwave messages. So if the elk supports them with the kwikset, it should support them with any lock. I can tell you HAI does not support anything but lock/unlock but I wish they would update for user codes at least. That way you can trigger off of the user who unlocks.

Understood. However, that's not always the case. I'd consider Instant Status and Beaming standard functions to, but not all dimmers, receptacles, and/or switches support these either. My point being, just because it's part of the protocol, doesn't necessarily mean that Schlage built all of it into the lock.

Thanks, now it makes sense!

That's for the assistance guys, planning out a system is not as easy as it sounded before I started!

Back