HAI OMNI LTE Question: How many UPB light switches can be used with this system?

LTE is 32 light/appliance units in 4 rooms.  The board looks to be physically the same as the Omnipro II and IIe.  The capabilities are just limited by software.

Meaning I can only do, say 4 bedrooms with up to 8 devices per bedroom ?

Are these logical rooms ? Can I group the 'rooms' say main floor and which contains a dimmer/switch in each room i.e kitchen, dining, living room etc, then upper etc ?

If you do HLC numbering, you can do 7 devices in each room plus a room controller.  If you change to straight UPB numbering, then it is an open 32 devices, but you will lose status tracking.  You can use the HLC without the devices in the same room, but if you turn the "room" on/off, you will turn on/off all the devices in the different physical rooms.

Thanks John, based on your first example, how many rooms would I be limited to with 7 devices with the Omni LTE ?

To confirm logically grouping physical rooms means the logical room change affects all physical rooms grouped ?

may be another stupid question but does the ZWave devices have the same 32 limit, say I have over 32 switches via Zwave plus 10 UPB would it work ?
JonW said:
LTE is 32 light/appliance units in 4 rooms.  The board looks to be physically the same as the Omnipro II and IIe.  The capabilities are just limited by software.

tripleJs15 said:
may be another stupid question but does the ZWave devices have the same 32 limit, say I have over 32 switches via Zwave plus 10 UPB would it work ?
The way it typically works is you can have up to 32 lighting loads. You can mix technologies, but the total can't exceed 32. The Omni Pro II can control many more if you need that. 

Back