WC8 firmware 3.02.18b released

CAI_Support

We remade 3.02.18a2 firmware into a new version 3.02.18b
we are considering this will be a base release for near future for WC8.

In this version compared to earlier 3.02.18a, we removed DS2417 chip support, and DS2450 chip support. Keep DS2438 support, as well as X10 RF support in it.
It also has I2C support. 
CTS is user settable, A5-A8 is user settable 16bit signed number.

Currently our hosting server having problem.  Once we have it uploaded, we will let users to download and update.  Please provide your feedback and suggestions.  Thanks.

The above update is a free download, some browser may introduce additional html page and having problem download. In that case, just right mouse click and save the target as, to save that zip file into your computer. 

After firmware update, please make sure in general tab, set the TDSO value to 3, or 1-wire sensors may not work.

v3.02.18b installed without any problems. Running away without problems for about 30 minutes now.

As recommended,  I did reset the TDSO to 3 usec. from my  previous setting of 1us.  No other settings needed refreshing.

I have this on a tight lease for tonight watching for updates in my ISY994i every 5 seconds. I will check my text messages for any missed updates in the morning.

BTW: I just updated the WC firmware over a router ->5GHz -> client bridge  -> WC wirelessly without any hiccups.
I just customised the firmware in my WRT610N to have a client bridge option. Very happy it went well and I can now access my WC at it's final resting place beside my weather sensors tower. It's been a good day for these endeavours.

I have this on a tight lease for tonight watching for updates in my ISY994i every 5 seconds. I will check my text messages for any missed updates in the morning.

Update in morning: One reboot from WC  just after 2:00 AM.  Time clock was sending updates but no temperatures from 1wire I/f.

Looking at the temperature setup page, no sensors could be found. Status page showed AIP7 with value (looked like from AIP5)although nothing was ever defined for it. I set the TDSO back to 1us, resaved code, and no change. I set the TDSO to 31us, resaved code, and no change. Back to 3us and power cycled board. All came back. I hope the TDSO is dynamic and doesn't require power cycle.

I did some editing of my PLC code this morning and no upload errors (other than syntax) happened.  That looks promising.

I guess I need to break out the scope and check this PS until my new one arrives.

Larry, what was your configuration?  We want to duplicate your setup to see if we can reproduce what you seen.  If possible, please also send us your PLC code, we will not publish it or share with any, only use it for testing.  The only thing we don't have is that if your board doing WEBSET, we don't have the device to send that requests to.

AIP7 and AIP5 are just memory locations in the 3.02.18b firmware, they can be used to store value, but not have anything internally assigned to it.

I am using the Sheepwalk SWE3 board with an HIH-4031 humidity sensor  and the DS2438Z  battery monitor doing A/D for it. I can read the temperature from the module on the 1wire bus at the selected temperature input port assigned to that ID number, scaled to read C accurately. I use T5 as suggested in the v3.02.18a User Guide. The humidity then shows up under AiP5 as what looks like a raw binary value, unscaled. It responds to breath on the sensor as well as the temperature reading to touch stimuli.

Along side of that the AIP6 input is currently  showing a copy of a previous reading (out one count from current AIP5). If the AIP5-7 inputs are disabled where will the multiple analogue values from the DS2338Z IC go? Were they forgotten about in the decision to disable other analogue attribution to them? :)

I would include a screen shot of it but every time I attempt to click on a posting option my browser gets hung on a URL input box. This happens on three different machines with IE. I will attempt to PM you and if that doesn't work I will need an email address.

Thanks.

I see, 3.02.18b firmware does not have DS2450 ADC support, but it does have DS2438 support. DS2438 when assigned as T5-T8, the ADC value will show up in the AIP5-8.  I will setup a testing board to check your code to see if I can see anything like you described.  Do you use the current accumulator in the DS2438 sensor?

How many DS2438 sensors do you use?

Do you use the current accumulator in the DS2438 sensor?

No. I only discovered the 2438Z had temperature when reading the User Guide this morning!  :)  I have all my inputs for this project.

What are the accumulators anyway? I assume they are a register for doing A/D??

Edit: I just remembered that was a battery charge/discharge tracker...still "No"

How many DS2438 sensors do you use

Only one for Hum/Temp. Also one temp probe. I had planned two but the SWE3 module supplies temp also. Saves another probe and wiring up in the air.

This is WC8 3.02.18b2 firmware update
This version updated the DS18B20 reconfiguration during power up, for some DS18B20 somehow working in 9 bit mode, this firmware will automatically program those to be 12 bit resolution.

The instruction for update is on this page:

http://www.cainetworks.com/support/how-to-update.html

firmware can be downloaded from link below.
http://www.cainetworks.com/support/download/wc8plc030218b2-update.zip

As always, suggestion and problem report are welcome.

This is WC8 3.02.18b2 firmware update

Installed the update successfully and running with only one problem. The GUI update hung (over a double wireless connection= laptop-WiFi router-Wifi-bridge-WC)) but a retry loaded it successfully. Power cycled the board to ensure fresh start. PLC code resumed without any problem.

I see no difference in function. The PLC still reboots randomly. V3.02.18b randomly rebooted aprox. 6 times per day. The v3.02.18b2 version has rebooted only once in a 5 hour period yesterday.

Is it a feature? rebooting helps to read the 1-wire sensors after one has gotten lost. So my question. Is the rebooting intended?

Back