Motion Sensor stuck on not ready.

gmorrow

So I am trying to get an HAI OmniPro II system installed with the basics. Motion, thermostat, key fobs. The system is powered up and I have been using PC Access to help program. I'm getting stuck with just the first motion detector that I'm hooking up.

First off, it's a honeywell aurora motion detector. I hooked it up to zone 5 and the LED was just staying lit on the Honeywell. So I read it may not be getting the correct power. So I then took the + and hooked it up to the Aux 12v power. That makes the motion detector operate normally and sense motion but the HAI system is in a not ready state and never goes ready or secure.

I have tried turning off resistors, turning on and putting EOL resistor on it. Nothing seems to work. Are these just not compatible or am I doing something wrong?

I actually got this working. I couldn't get it up with 22 guage wire. I switched to 4 wire 24 guage.  And it came up just fine right away. Very weird.

Interesting. I have the Aurora as well, and have used it on other installations with 22/4 and haven't had any issues. Maybe there was a connection issue...

gmorrow said:
I actually got this working. I couldn't get it up with 22 guage wire. I switched to 4 wire 24 guage.  And it came up just fine right away. Very weird.

It sounds like there was a short or open in the 22 gauge wire.  Did you check for this with a multimeter?

Agree. AWG has zero to do with this. Did you pull enough conductors (4) first? Sounds like either a ground or an open on the cable...more likely a ground. Short would cause the zone to be secure with no EOLR and trouble with EOLR.

Back