Water pressure analog sensor

Automate

Anybody know of a cheap analog pressure sensor for potable water?  Max pressure should be at least 60 to 70 psi.

See if ebay item# 261260635816 fits your needs.
$20, 0-100PSI, 5vdc in, 0.5-4.5vdc out.
I have this bookmarked for a future irrig system project.

What does pressure give you?  Or is this for something like a well?  I know for my house, with city water, I don't really care...the incoming pressure from the city is well over the 90PSI  that I set my house to.  At least that is what I think I set it to.  I'd have to check again.

Essentially, I set it to that at my closest branch.  It just happened to be a hose spigot.  So, every other faucet/valve/etc. should be less than that.

--Dan

I'm on city water also but because of rust in the water, I have a whole house filter that is downstream of the pressure regulator.  Over time the filter starts reducing the water pressure more and more.  I want to monitor this pressure to know when it's time to replace the filter

Anyone know of a good, low cost sensor like this? The ebay number doesn't work anymore. I am looking for something for 60 - 80 psi max for water. Something that could stand being outdoors would be a plus but I can put a housing around it. Need analog output that I can read with a microprocessor.

@JimS  As I said in the PM I had other higher priority issues come up and now I may be moving so I don't plan on installing the pressure sensor anytime soon.

I can tell you what I received looks just like the picture.  And it has a solid feel to it which makes me think it is good quality but since I have not used it, I can't know for sure. 

NeverDie,  Thanks - I must have done something wrong when I tried it before.  Works now.

I also see that the same seller has a similar sensor for about $7 less.  I can't figure out the difference between them except they look very slightly different.

Automate, Yes I got your PM - Thanks.  I've got lots of projects too so time will tell if I get to this sooner than you.  :)

I guess you didn't bother to read and compare the descriptions.

cheaper - 2% accuracy.

more expensive - 1.5% accuracy, with ceramic pressure chip sensor inside

Back