M1togo 1.8 new version not working

mikefamig

The recently released version of M1togo is not working on my Windows 8.1 pc. It starts and I know that it logs into my account because I can retrieve log entries but nothing else works. The main screen displays the date and time only and no area or zone or any other info. It worked properly when I first installed it but not on the second start. I re-installed it and had the same result....OK only on the first start of the app.

Has anyone else installed this version? Is Elk monitoring this forum?

Mike.

I just learned that m1togo  works when i connect to it via my local area network 192.168.1.xx but fails when I try to access it from outside the house through the residential gateway. I know that  It is getting through the firewall and port forwarding because it connects and retrieves log entries but is not communicating any other info. I don't think it should matter but I have changed the port from it's default port.

Mike.

I did a little further testing:

I re-insttalled the sotware again.
Then I logged in successfully four times via the external gateway address.
I then logged in successfully once using the local router address. 
The next attempt to log in via the external address failed.

As before I get logged in but can only retrieve log entries.

Update - I think that I finally got to the bottom of my m1togo problems along with some other problems I was having and maybe this can save someone some time and trouble.

I was working on a computer that Ibought recently and yesterday I returned it to the store. It was a Lenovo Yoga 2 pro which is a combination laptop/tablet with Windows 8.1. It turns out that the machine is not completely backward compatible with windows 7 applications. It isn't only m1togo that I had trouble with and I found that any of the problems I was having with the Lenovo went away when I installed the same programs on my old windows 7 machine.

It took me some time and pain to realize this so I thought it worth mentioning here to maybe save someone some trouble. High tech stuff is a lot of fun but can cause a lot of pain too.

Mike.

Back