Upgrade Omnistat to Omnistat2

bdAZ

Hello

Has anyone ever done this before? Existing thermostats are rc90s. Want to change to rc-2000s. Apart from rewiring accordingly, is there anything I need to do at the programming level or will they "just work "?

Thanks for your advice.

What panel are you connecting your stat to exactly?

If you have an OPII I think they will just work.

They aren't cheap but they are great. No programming needs to change but there are more cpabilities with the RC-2000 (like humidity) you can take advantage of.

Yup; the newer Omnistats are very nice.  I procrastinated a bit as my old RC series worked fine such that I purchased one when they first came out and waited some two years or so to install it.  Never looked back.

It's being connected to an older HAI Omni 2 board (which I will be upgrading to an OP2 next,board just came in last week).

There is some programming for the old rc90s.. So I'm hopeful the new ones will receive the same remote instructions. Have to see how the old ones are identified by the main board.

They use the same serial bus scheme so I can't imagine it will be a problem.  Just go into the setup of each stat and make sure to copy the address of the old one.

Back