Extra Long Magnets

I remember seeing something about this awhile ago, and I have tried google and also searching this forum with no luck. I am looking for long magnets that can be used with the wireless sensors on windows so that I can open the window to a certain point while the system is armed and not trigger the alarm. I was going to use two magnets, one at the closed point and one at the open point, but with the longer magnet the window could be opened while armed.

Does anyone know where I can find something like this? I think that they were around 7" in length.

Thank you.

I'd love to be able to open your window while the system is armed - then stick a magnet on top of the sensor itself ;)

As you mentioned above, I'd stick to 2 separate magnets - one for the closed point, and the other for the open point.

Thanks. I am worried with using the two magnets, one at open point and one at closed, is if the window is open and someone wants to close it, they won't disarm the system before closing window.

You need to train the end users ;)

Two magnets, installed 180 degrees apart based on poles. N-N or S-S not N-S N-S or you will have problems.

Also, if you got a large magnet, the issue is that between the poles the flux lines don't hold a reed closed well. Basic switch installation.

If you're concerned with opening/closing the windows while armed you'll need to install a switch like a GRI VS to the transmitter or go with the old school way of wiring screens.

Back