ELK M1 not seizing line and dialling on alarm?

fleetz

Got a real head scratcher!

Configuring another M1 for a job at the moment and engineering what I can ahead of installation. Built up a simple telephone line, Mode 3 (RJ31X) and line out module and started testing the system, everything seems fine.....except.

Now here is the kicker. I have configured the M1 in RP local and remote telephone control in Globals G01-G05 = 2, setup a telephone user (me) for now, reporting format =5.

I have always configured the M1 in this setup configuration and when the M1 goes into alarm it rings the number fine. This one won't.....I have checked the configuration of previous jobs and confirm the setup up is the same. I never have had to program rules to ring the nominated number on alarm before. If I program up the rule with whenever the system is in alarm then ring the number in Telephone 1.....it works fine.

I can phone in remotely and control the M1 fine.

I can hit "***" and seize the line fine. I can engage the speaker with "*0*". So Mode 3 (RJ31X) is working fine.I have checked and double checked the Mode 3 connection and it is fine, it has to be to have the functionality stated above.

Running 5.2.10 firmware and using RP 2.0.20.

Has anyone else noticed a change in how the M1 seizes the line in alarm condition? I checked the last few projects where I am using reporting format 5 under the Telephone user and then check there were no rules associated to facilitate seizing the line and calling out and there are none.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz said:
Got a real head scratcher!

Configuring another M1 for a job at the moment and engineering what I can ahead of installation. Built up a simple telephone line, Mode 3 (RJ31X) and line out module and started testing the system, everything seems fine.....except.

Now here is the kicker. I have configured the M1 in RP local and remote telephone control in Globals G01-G05 = 2, setup a telephone user (me) for now, reporting format =5.

I have always configured the M1 in this setup configuration and when the M1 goes into alarm it rings the number fine. This one won't.....I have checked the configuration of previous jobs and confirm the setup up is the same. I never have had to program rules to ring the nominated number on alarm before. If I program up the rule with whenever the system is in alarm then ring the number in Telephone 1.....it works fine.

I can phone in remotely and control the M1 fine.

I can hit "***" and seize the line fine. I can engage the speaker with "*0*". So Mode 3 (RJ31X) is working fine.I have checked and double checked the Mode 3 connection and it is fine, it has to be to have the functionality stated above.

Running 5.2.10 firmware and using RP 2.0.20.

Has anyone else noticed a change in how the M1 seizes the line in alarm condition? I checked the last few projects where I am using reporting format 5 under the Telephone user and then check there were no rules associated to facilitate seizing the line and calling out and there are none.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Fleetz

Page 36 of the installation manual says that voice dialing must be initiated by a rule:

"Note: Voice Message (Voice Dialer) Format can only be selected from the Elk-RP
Computer software.  The activation of a voice messages requires a Whenever/
And/Then Rule from the Elk-RP software.  See Section 4.3."

Mike.

Cheers, Mike...understood. It states that in RP against the Voice Message selection. The point I was trying to make is other recent projects where I had Voice Message selected, I have never before ever had the need to write a rule to support seizing a line and dial out.

I have tried Pulse 2+4 and others and they don't work either.

I never have written a rule with telephone in it ever so I was wondering why now?

First time with the latest version of M1 firmware but normally you don't go backwards.

Regards,

Fleetz

fleetz said:
Cheers, Mike...understood. It states that in RP against the Voice Message selection. The point I was trying to make is other recent projects where I had Voice Message I have never before ever had the need to write a rule to support seizing a line and dial out.

I have tried Pulse 2+4 and others and they don't work either.

I never have written a rule with telephone in it ever so I was wondering why now?

First time with the latest version of M1 firmware but normally you don't go backwards.

Regards,

Fleetz
I noticed that you are set to format = 5 which I understand to mean that you must use rules to dial out. I'm too new at this to say anything about earlier firmware versions and I am only using the voice dial to call myself at this point.

Mike

Back