New SnapLink 2.0 released to Google Play

bdAZ

HAI Leviton just pushed SnapLink 2.0 to the Google Play store yesterday (Oct 21). Mostly cosmetic changes (the UX is completely redesigned to reflect the new OmniTouch 7) but it's a welcome change! Even moreso is a reply to a comment that states they will be releasing regular updates from here on in to the app. <fingers crossed>

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hai.SnapLink

I installed it and it crashes every time i try to set temperature set points. I don't have any thermostats, just remote temperature sensors.

I installed it, and it will connect ONLY on Wi-Fi at my home. If I try to connect on my S5---"please wait..............connecting" It times out, and shows the blue background screen.
Any ideas?

Maybe I should have looked at Superlink?   Hard to justify $40 though

edge,

Did you enter the local ip address or external ip address for the controller?
Did you port forward the correct port in your router? (4369)

Aaron,
     All settings look good,  I'm moving away from Weblink II, it's been stable for a long time. I am also having issues with the app crashing, so not sure what's going on there.

edge said:
I installed it, and it will connect ONLY on Wi-Fi at my home. If I try to connect on my S5---"please wait..............connecting" It times out, and shows the blue background screen.
Any ideas?

Maybe I should have looked at Superlink?   Hard to justify $40 though
 I just installed 2.0 on a newly purchased Samsung Galaxy S5 android phone and have the same problem.  I have triple checked all the settings such as IP address, port number and both encryption keys to ensure they are correct.  Fortunately, my old android phone has Snaplink 1.0 installed.  1.0 is quirky but it works.

UPDATE:  Finally got Snaplink 2.0 to establish a connection after repeatedly restarting the app.  But the app doesn't display any button or control info.  Also, all event data is displayed in the format  as LOG Message 13.  "Message 13" isn't really informative.  IOW, all event messages are displayed only as numbers.  There isn't any textual description.  The app does briefly display  "retrieving settings info" when it is first started.  But it appears as though it's not retrieving all the info.

UPDATE:  Finally resolved the remaining settings issues by  resyncing to the controller a few times.  All is good now.

Just a FYI.

I couldn't install Snaplink 2.0 from the Google Play Store on my OLDER Motorola Droid X2 phone.  Play Store indicated that my phone was not compatible with Snaplink 2.0.  My Droid X2 has Android OS Gingerbread 2.3.5 installed.  So, I'm assuming that a newer Android OS version is needed.

Anybody know what the minimum requirements are for Snaplink 2.0?

Back