Integrating IP cameras with OP2

cestor

Just looking at this now and trying to work out what the various options are if I want a touchscreen controller that can 'pop' the display on detection of an event.

I saw that Omnitouch 7 screens don't yet have this feature although it's been announced. Is the only option currently Omnitouch 5.7?

Can any 3rd party software do this?

thanks

Actually, the OmniTouch 7 screens do support it now.  Software update was just released last week.

So, another question : -is there any practical advantage to using the OT7 versus using the LV1131 software only, running on a cheap windows 7 touchscreen which costs less than half of the price?

Here just purchased a new dual touch capacitance touchscreen and am impressed with it.  The MFG list price on the monitor was around $400.  The fast pc powering it take the cost to about $600 which gives me much more than an OT7. (better and faster video, CPU and lots of memory.)

That said the LV1131 software is broken and it doesn't work "off the shelf" with my IP cameras.  I don't think this issue will be addressed soon.

Pete, what is the issue with the LV1131 and the IP cameras? Can Haiku do the same as the LV1131?

Pete, what is the issue with the LV1131

I get a Microsoft error (its some form error) when I click on the cameras.  Its always been like that.  I do not utilize Haiku.

Pete, what is the issue with the LV1131 and the IP cameras?

LV1131 - OmniTouch Pro software

Upon purchase of OmniTouchPro, languages and available resolutions are downloadable from www.homeauto.com. The standard interface can be customized using HAI Automation Studio software (part number 1126) for a more unique install.  Automation Studio is required to set up surveillance cameras that you wish to view on your third-party Touchscreen, and to configure HAI's HAI Home Theater Extender (HTX).
However, you can add up to two HAI Camera Servers (for eight surveillance cameras) without Automation Studio.

Found my issue.  I originally assumed that I could configure it or use it like the Omnitouch 5.7e's.  The errors were generated when I put in my NVR Camera IP's or camera IP's in the page for camera configuration.
None the less I cannot use it "off the shelf" unless I use Automation Studio (which I will probably get?)

what Ip cameras are you guys using for this

Here I am using Grandstream and Grandstream OS cams and DIY's with Grandstream OS boards / Speco Domes and Grandstream decoder/encoder with Omnitouch 5.7e's and Omnitouch 5.7's configured with the HAI Video Hub, PCA, ZM NVR and IP cams.  Legacy analog are Optex combos (still in place).  Configured to talk to both analog and HD IP.

Its just what I settled on.  Personal choice.  Call up Leviton / HAI and ask them what they suggest for the "sure bet".

It is a bit of a race of providing the most features at reasonable prices and its hard to keep up. 

IE: Megapixel resolution is now just about settling at 5MP or < $200 USD generic IP HD cams, POE is standard, variable lens stuff is standard, CPU / memory is faster and more, built in SIP, SD card slot recording memory, video alarm analytics (getting better; not soup yet), etc.  Competition is tight.  I mean the older companies do provide good quality stuff.  Prices are up there though and the techology becomes absolute within months now making it hard to keep up.

Integration into the HAI touchscreens; old (Omnitouch 5.7/5.7e) is very much antiquated still.  It works.  The PCA configuration will work with just about any current standard of IP cameras.  Note that it is throttled down a bit with a choice of two resolutions and no 30 FPS streaming. 

Even new stuff without enough GPU / CPU power is going to have a hard time multithreading 30 FPS HD IP streams. Add up the numbers; its just basic math stuff.

neillt said:
Actually, the OmniTouch 7 screens do support it now.  Software update was just released last week.

Not really.

@cestor, I strongly caution you on this! Yes, the software update was finally (after about 8 months) released, but it is not robust. We have been struggling to get the camera pops to work reliably across three distinct client installations and have been unsuccessful.  From what we've discerned, it "works" if you have maybe only one or two touchscreens, but when you start trying to integrate multiple cameras and multiple touchscreens in anything beyond a basic installation, it simply doesn't work reliably. Extensive testing has ruled out network traffic and switch issues, so we can only conclude that the software and/or hardware of the OT7 is not meant for robust reliability in a multi-camera, mult-touchscreen installation.

cestor said:
Thanks, I have decided to go down the Haiku / ipad route for now

I think a wise choice. We had a client install that we had to tear out because of the lack of support for the OT7, and this is what we did - Haiku on iPad minis - and it worked very well, plus it offered an order of magnitude more power and flexibility at the sole expense of camera pops... Plus it cost less!!

Back