Recommendations for a Windows tablet as alternative to OT7

BobS0327

I'm currently working on a project using HAI's SDK and  a Dahua SDK kit to develop an OT7 alternative  My configuration consists of eight analog CCTV cameras around the perimeter of my home  being recorded by a Dahua DVR.  The camera recording (and floodights near the cameras) are controlled by eight motion detector sensors.  I'm essentially recreating the OT7's popup feature along with other Omni controls.

I'm currently testing the app on a performance desktop unit and the app works fine.  But I eventually plan on replacing four key pad consoles with Windows tablets.  I don't have any experience with tablets in general and Windows tablets in particular. 

I like the Dell Venue  8 Pro  tablet.    http://www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-8-3840-tablet/pd?ref=PD_OC  But I'm not sure if it can handle this app.

So, I'm looking for recommendations on Windows tablets that are capable of running my app.

Just a post relating to an interesting read not really specific to your questions though.

ARM verus Intel

Mostly any regular Intel based Microsoft Tablet today should handle what you want to do.

As long as you purchase an Intel chipset Windows tablet you are good to go. Window 8/8.1 will run anything that runs on Windows 7. The newest Intel chips are really enabling very thin form factors

BTW Bob here working  / testing the Omnitouch Pro Wintel software (that looks like the Omnitouch 5.7e's). 

I have currently configured 8 of 16 CCTV cams and it works fine on the Omnitouch 5.7e's looking towards testing 16 cams.  Reponse times are fine.

The links configured in the PCA software is fine but only 4:3 views and works.  (8 cams are direct connect IP links and 8 cams are IP indirect to analog via NVR links).  The 8 IP HD POE cams now are all Grandstream OS (two Aircams were recently retired).  I am also using the Grandstream decoder/encoder, HAI video hub and ZM NVR in my setup (and video amps on the analog feeds - one per feed).  Subpanels here for both power and feeds and amps.  The legacy Omnitouch 5.7's have slower CCTV links (analog) but do work fine; resolution is OK but not great.

The 1131 software looks like a very  interesting option for analog CCTV cameras.  The only downside is that I would have to purchase two HAI camera servers for use with 8 CCTV cameras.  Total cost would be about $1058.00.  It's not an investment I would want to make since I plan on eventually phasing out the CCTV cameras in favor of IP cameras.  Below is a quote for the 1131 specs.

I'll have to review the Dahua and HAI Camera Server  documentation to determine  if it is possible to somehow use the Dahau DVR as a substitute for the HAI Camera Server.

Thanx for the info on the HAI software.

Analog Cameras, like HAI's Day / Night Bullet Camera, require the purchase of the HAI Camera Server, in order for them to be viewable on the third-party Touchscreen/tablet.

Here have one Grandstream decoder / encoder configured to one port on the HAI camera hub showing the IP cameras on the legacy Omnitouch 5.7's.

I utilize the NVR camera links in PCA for whatever cameras are connected.  This gives me a choice of either the direct links to the IP HD cameras or the NVR links. 

Back