Weird Omni Problem

Frunple

Thought this was an issue with Elve but I disconnected Elve and the problem still happened.

For some reason, unit 137 is being activated. I have no rules with unit 137 in them, and I'm not using that "room" at all. If I set that room to zwave instead of HLC, it then activated unit 249.
When activated, unit 137 shows "Scene C", then the next change it goes to "Scene D". If I set unit 137 to OFF, it turns off all of my lights, just like the "all off" command.

I am not using the HLC scheme at all but it appears to be related to HLC.

The error I get in Elve when 137 is triggered is "setting to -95", a negative level.

Anyone have any ideas?

So you have a rogue unit 137? 

I am guessing this is UPB and you have looked at or see a #137 or not see a #137 unit device in Upstart eh? 

Maybe if you do not have one in Upstart or anywhere else a quickie Upstart scan of all of your devices might show one said #137?

Historically here have discombobulated the UPB unit numbers adding or changing one or making multiple changes and accidently not looking at the unit numbers while using Upstart.

Yes, they are UPB devices. No, it has nothing to do with upstart. I haven't made any changes in a long time and if I did, I would see a unit 137 during the Upstart verification process.

Like I said, this is in the Omni itself, and if I change that room to zwave, it picks unit 249 to activate. 
Something going on with my automation maybe but other than deleting all blocks, then adding them back in one a day, not sure how I could isolate this??

So you have

1 - a configured UPB device #137 in upstart with no links associated with it in upstart and you have
2 - a #137 UPB defined unit in PCA with no links associated with it.

I have some Z-Wave devices defined in PCA and I just tried changing device #137 to a Z-Wave device and didn't see see #249 to activate.

Here my firmware is set to 3.14. 

Sometime in the process of the update to 3.14 I did have issues and re-entered everything from scratch cold booting and using the serial interface initially.

I have not had any more issues with an autoreset, time changes et al since then (and putting the interface behind a firewall).

Yesterday I did add a new UPB switch such that I went to Upstart and PCA (haven't done that in a while).  In PCA added the switch to a couple of automation lines.  I had no issues doing this.

No, I am not using unit 137 at all, nothing in that whole "room". 
It has nothing to do with upstart.

I just checked unit 137 in pc access, sure enough, set to Scene D.
Something is telling it to turn on but I have no idea why.

I asked Aaron to chime in so I'm just waiting for him to view it.

I just checked unit 137 in pc access, sure enough, set to Scene D.
Something is telling it to turn on but I have no idea why.

What firmware version are you using?

I don't personally pay attention any more as I keep upping the number of UPB devices in the house.

I have less than 200 automation lines these days keeping it simple.

Just a quick question, if you aren't using Unit 137, how can you see it's set to Scene D?

If the unit is not defined, it should not even show up under the Status/Control tab.

neillt said:
Just a quick question, if you aren't using Unit 137, how can you see it's set to Scene D?

If the unit is not defined, it should not even show up under the Status/Control tab.
Because i kept getting the error in Elve, in the debug info it gave me the unit number causing the error. Then I gave 137 a name so it will show up in pc access to monitor it.

How often does this happen?
If you temporarily remove all program lines, does the problem still occur?
What version firmware is in your controller? Have you recently updated?

aard3 said:
How often does this happen?
If you temporarily remove all program lines, does the problem still occur?
What version firmware is in your controller? Have you recently updated?
It happens a couple (or more) times a day.
Latest firmware, happened with the last two or three firmwares also. been doing it for a long time, I always thought it was a problem with Elve but that was confirmed not to be the case. definitely just the omni.
I took out all program lines that have to do with lighting, left in some that set flags and do other things. I remove all and try again.

right now I set all "rooms" to upb and it stopped doing it.

Ok, No programming lines at all and sometime between 5 and 6:30 unit 137 was set to Scene D. Usually goes to Scene C first, then D so I would assume it did the same thing again.
Any ideas Aaron?

I think I may have screwed up here... I probably should have saved a separate PC Access file but I didn't. Instead I copied all the automation lines into text files. Now I can't paste it back from them files. Is there a way to do this? It just keeps pasting the last block I cut.

Finally figured this out.
Set up an Elve rule to notify me whenever unit 137 changed. Last night, at 20:17 it went to Scene C. Tonight at 17:08, it went to Scene C. Both times I had just opened my back door. Started checking into it more and it turns out I was using links 107 and 108 to turn on and off a UFD module that operates a flood light in my back yard. In HLC, links 107 and 108 are part of UNIT 137.
I just remade the links to use the unused HLC links of 225-240. No more errors.
Not sure why it went to UNIT 249 if I made 137 UPB but I'm not gonna worry about it.

Back