OpenMotics opensource home automation

wwat

Would this product be suitable for North American environment. It's a hard wired system but pricing is reasonable. It does provide cloud based services but I would never make my system reliant on any of it. One thing venders are starting to do is make their system more and more reliant on the cloud which is a real turn off. They begin with a cloud independent system and once they hook enough buyers begin to make all new features cloud dependant. The documentation states that it can be used independently of the cloud but as time goes on there is nothing to say they won't make these features cloud dependant which would make them useless.
At this stage I'm just wondering about the equipment suitability for North American installation (Canada).

www.openmotics.com
wiki.openmotics.com

Would be interested in feedback.

Thanks.

I personally like the use of DIN modules.

Is that popular in Canada?

Personally just a day or so ago testing a new feature on an automation product.  It worked fast until there were intermittent cloud issues.

I was connected directly to the device adding some stuff to it then the configuration page disappeared.

Initially I didn't know the new feature was coming from the cloud piece of the application

Back