Haiku Space Questions/Troubleshooting/etc

lupinglade

Please post your questions/troubleshooting help/inquiries for the newly released Space for iOS app here. If your question is a generic one or one-liner kind of issue you can post here so that we don't flood the forum with many random short questions.

1. I have 102 lights in my house - how can I only view lights that are currently ON "Lit"?
2. I noticed the lights are no longer grouped by Room. Am I missing something? This causes a pretty big problem identifying devices because with that many switches many have the same name - they're just in different rooms - for example, "Ceiling fan" or "Hi Hat Lights". This was because of the short naming convention of the HAI.
(Yes I realize that HAI rooms are available, and I use them, but not 100% of these devices.)

3. After installing the application and getting it running - I configured a iBeacon and I added a new FLAG and selected the "Refresh Configuration". Is this the same as "Clear Cach"? Because it did NOT allow the new flag to be visible. I cannot find the Clear Cach equivalent. I'm stuck.
4. Selection the Russound Source causes the APP to crash every time.
5. How can I reorder the main icons on the home screen?
6. How can I create shortcuts on the main screen?
7. Are you going to continue to support the original iPhone APP, or does this replace it for good?

jlipsit said:
1. I have 102 lights in my house - how can I only view lights that are currently ON "Lit"?
2. I noticed the lights are no longer grouped by Room. Am I missing something? This causes a pretty big problem identifying devices because with that many switches many have the same name - they're just in different rooms - for example, "Ceiling fan" or "Hi Hat Lights". This was because of the short naming convention of the HAI.
(Yes I realize that HAI rooms are available, and I use them, but not 100% of these devices.)

3. After installing the application and getting it running - I configured a iBeacon and I added a new FLAG and selected the "Refresh Configuration". Is this the same as "Clear Cach"? Because it did NOT allow the new flag to be visible. I cannot find the Clear Cach equivalent. I'm stuck.
7. Are you going to continue to support the original iPhone APP, or does this replace it for good?

I definitely agree with jlipsit...  #1 and #2 are a huge problem.  Definitely needs an option to group by room under lighting control.  #3 will also be important, as I used "Clear Cache" a lot in the Haiku app.  #5 and #6 will also be very helpful.

With that said, I love the new look and feel!  Haiku was long overdue for an overhaul.  Can't wait for the new "HaikuHelper" replacement that pairs up with this.  Any ETA on that?

Does Space have to be completly re-configured (access keys, etc) to connect to the Omni panel or will it read the old Haiku configuration data? (Assuming Haiku and Space are installed on the same IPad.)

avpman2 said:
Does Space have to be completly re-configured (access keys, etc) to connect to the Omni panel or will it read the old Haiku configuration data? (Assuming Haiku and Space are installed on the same IPad.)
It does need to be reconfigured, it is unable to read the data due to sandboxing.

jlipsit said:
This is not yet possible but we plan to add it. The main reason is that Space tries to optimize connection time by not refreshing all of the lights if they do not all need to be displayed. We'll be addressing this with a preference setting and an update to the UI.
The idea is to use the HAI Rooms for this. The old "virtual rooms" have become obsolete. We recommend creating rooms to organize your units if you want to access them via rooms.
Yes, Refresh Configuration is effectively the same as Clear Cache. Does the flag have a name set on the controller?
This has already been fixed and will be in the next update.
Not currently possible, but we are working on the home screen.
Not possible either yet, but again we are working on it so we will be considering these enhancements.
It will continue to be available, but all active development is moving to Space. We may do minor updates to the old app as necessary.

1. Gorgeous new design
2. Really missing the Status messaging in Haiku
2a. Quick looks for board status,security arm state and door/window status.

These were beloved features are they coming back? It now takes multiple clicks to get the same information we used to get with one.

tankermantate said:
2. Really missing the Status messaging in Haiku
What do you mean by Status messaging?
2a. Quick looks for board status,security arm state and door/window status.
The security section covers all of these things on the Insecure tab. We do plan to bring out the more important information back onto he Home page.

jlipsit said:

a) Same problem here with Russound, any attempt to change the source crashes the app. In addition, the volume slider seems to have a mind of it's own. Sometime there's a few seconds delay between the time I move the slider and the volume actually changing in the zone. Other times the slider's setting is completely ignored by the zone. Definite problem with response time.

b ) Would be nice to see the volume percentage displayed as the slider moves. It's currently hidden behind the dialog box.
c) Need a virtual numeric keypad for the audio zones. There is no way to change XM stations w/o one (except programatically via PCAccess.)

avpman2 said:

Answered this myself. Yes, it needs to be configured. It's just a few fields to enter and the panel connected right away.

Hi @Lupinglade,

By status messaging I meant the line item status messages that appear on haikus home screen. These were very helpful at getting a 1-Touch system health reading for the panel, security, temperature, etc. You have mentioned that you are still working on the home screen so perhaps these will come back in a later update?

I am also interested in the HAI rooms that you mention and that virtual rooms are no longer supported. I too now have a very long list of ungrouped lights which is rather unwieldy. Do we need to wait for the new Space HaikuHelper update to set these or can we do that in the Space app?

Firstly, excellent new look and ibeacon functionality!

Can you please have a look at the below issues :-

1) Can't find 'All ON/OFF' function for units.
2) When I try to enter a camera address > 16 characters the app freezes but only on my iPhone 6. It works ok on my iPad mini.
3) When setting up an ibeacon the UDID is not saved for me. After you enter it then press next it shows ok but when you exit and view it again it shows all zeros. I have tried both pasting it from a beacon app and manually entering it with dashes. I also tried going out of range but my flag does not change. I was previously using the flag for the proximity function with Haiku ok.
4) Can you add a function to check the status of the beacon(s) ie show the distance and/or if in range or not.

Thanks

Yes, Refresh Configuration is effectively the same as Clear Cache. Does the flag have a name set on the controller?

- Yes the flag has a name - it shows up in HAIKU (After a clear cache) but not in SPACE. The Refresh configuration does not work for me. Please try it. Add a flag and then see if you can get it to show up. I created about 9 iBeacons, but cannot use any because I cannot add flags. 

tankermantate said:
I am also interested in the HAI rooms that you mention and that virtual rooms are no longer supported. I too now have a very long list of ungrouped lights which is rather unwieldy. Do we need to wait for the new Space HaikuHelper update to set these or can we do that in the Space app?
The rooms are configured using PC Access, under the Extended Setup section. Space will pick these up and group your units (and any other items) for you accordingly.

Bushy said:
1) Can't find 'All ON/OFF' function for units.
Its under the lighting section (swipe left on the home page) and you will find it in the top right menu.
2) When I try to enter a camera address > 16 characters the app freezes but only on my iPhone 6. It works ok on my iPad mini.
This is known, its related to the font size setting in iOS. If you set it to the middle setting it will work. We are submitting a fix for this and a few other issues to Apple today.
3) When setting up an ibeacon the UDID is not saved for me. After you enter it then press next it shows ok but when you exit and view it again it shows all zeros. I have tried both pasting it from a beacon app and manually entering it with dashes. I also tried going out of range but my flag does not change. I was previously using the flag for the proximity function with Haiku ok.
Be careful that you enter it exactly, including the dashes or it will not be saved. We will add an error message for this.
4) Can you add a function to check the status of the beacon(s) ie show the distance and/or if in range or not.
If you set a message for the iBeacon in Space, it will show an alert when you enter the beacon area. The list of smart triggers also shows the current status for each region or beacon using a checkmark.

Update: there may be a bug with the UDID field, make sure you tap away from it before going back in the editor. We'll get this fixed.

Back