Haiku Feature Requests

Double-tap the icons to toggle a device on/off (where appropriate). Instead of having to tap (I.e a lamp module, user button, etc) and then respond to a pop up. Single tap to keep the way it works now.

When I first saw the icons I intuitively double-tapped an icon to turn a light on/off and was surprised it took no action.

BTW - thank you for all your hard work to date and for letting us help contribute to Space's evolution!

This is a minor thing, but it would improve the "first use" experience if you made it easier to enter the security key.

Typing in the 32-character security key as a "password" and hoping you don't make any mistakes is a pain point. That obfuscation seems totally overkill for a single-use text entry field... (just don't configure Space when somebody is looking over your shoulder... which is likely going to be in the privacy of your own home anyway.)

Similarly, it's impractical to edit the security key from the Settings screen since it's a password. If it were me, I'd just have a "clear security key" button instead of showing ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••.

Also, another big UI improvement for entering the security key would be a custom hex keypad (something like this for example) so you don't have to constantly switch between alpha and numeric using the "123" button.

eddy said:
This is a minor thing, but it would improve the "first use" experience if you made it easier to enter the security key.

Typing in the 32-character security key as a "password" and hoping you don't make any mistakes is a pain point. That obfuscation seems totally overkill for a single-use text entry field... (just don't configure Space when somebody is looking over your shoulder... which is likely going to be in the privacy of your own home anyway.)

Similarly, it's impractical to edit the security key from the Settings screen since it's a password. If it were me, I'd just have a "clear security key" button instead of showing ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••.

Also, another big UI improvement for entering the security key would be a custom hex keypad (something like this for example) so you don't have to constantly switch between alpha and numeric using the "123" button.

It's arduous to enter the security key in any program which is permitted access to the controller - including HAI's own PC-Access. Fortunately, you only have to do it once and forget it.

Would be nice if you were able to clone a controller. I have 3 DDNS addresses and have to configure all geographical triggers

brianjames said:
1) To get a refund since the space app is unusable.
2) To fix the issue I reported in the Haiku app because it does the same thing in Space - http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/21840-haiku-365-vizia-rf-issue/
3) To be able to have a list view instead of the icon view. If I had a handful of lights it would be ok. It just does not work when you have 70+ lights.
1) You can request a refund from Apple as I mentioned earlier. We have no ability to do this.
2) We are investigating this. As I mentioned, it would help if you can give us temporary access to your system to locate the problem.
3) The idea is to use Rooms to organize your lights into rooms, so that you do not have one very long list of lights.

I have a feature request:

How about you add the literally NUMEROUS features that Haiku had, that Space does not. Start there, then maybe we can ask for more.

Space SUCKS. Worst app purchase ever.

bitNine said:
How about you add the literally NUMEROUS features that Haiku had, that Space does not. Start there, then maybe we can ask for more.
What features do you find missing? We've covered just about everything that Haiku had. Although the layout of the status screen is different and that is something we are working on. We also are looking into re-adding Favorites as well as "Units On" count in Rooms.

I'm not really sure what else you find missing?

Im sure the features are much better in space, but it is the user interface that most here have a problem with. I think if space had a similar user interface look and layout with the updated features of space it would be a 100% hit. As most here already said, the new UI is horrible.... utterly simplistic and yet difficult to navigate. Why not redesign the UI and keep the actual layout and look of haiku that everyone here loves but just add some nicer graphics/icons?

I doubt that you will ever be able to integrate Siri with Space because Apple will not allow it.....

However, Amazon has a awesome piece of hardware that works ridiculously well - it's called Amazon Echo (I have had one for about a month.)

They just announced a early beta program:

Software Development Kit Beta—For those who want to help shape Echo's future, the team is working on an SDK to help hobbyist and enthusiast developers create new apps and experiences. If you're interested in building your ideas during a limited-participation beta ahead of the SDK's public release, sign up here.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/html-forms-controller/Echo_Developer_Interest?ref_=pe_81240_133956620

I know your plate is full right now, but this is a chance to get in early and make something kool!

This was my house 10 years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYa777RBT50

Good Luck!

Jim

I think the camera view could really do with some improvements. A feature to allow low-res streams (by URL ) to be defined within the app for the camera 'summary' page would allow more cameras to be displayed while the high-res streams can be defined within pc access for the popups. Or alternatively, all the streams could be defined within pc access, but the ability to select which streams you want to display on the summary page would really help. Currently, I find it unusable unless I dial the resolution all the way down which then means poor quality on pop-ups.

Back