Motions Not Ready

abernut

I have two motion sensors connected to my OmniPro II.
They are both programmed as Away-Int through PC Access.

They both started showing as NOT READY on the key pad.  First the living room then the Dining room.
Nothing has changed in my environment and both Motion Detectors turn red when you walk by them.

If it was just one I would think hardware but I am not sure where to begin with this.

Thanks for you help.

Mike

I'd say with a meter to verify the units function before pointing at the panel or configuration. Start small and work towards a larger issue if it exists.

Are the motions hardwired? If so then put your meter across the connections at the panel and verify it goes open/close when the motion sees motion. Verify EOL (if used). Simple stuff.
If wireless, there are installer test functions to verify the sensors are being seen by the panel. If they're not however, and if programmed properly, it should give a trouble at the display.

They are hardwired.  I placed the EOL resistors inside the detector.
I will verify open/close across the leads at the panel when I get home tonight.  I assume I should remove the leads from the board to isolate the circuit correct?

Thanks,
Mike

Actually no.

You would need to meter the circuit at the panel for VDC for both states of the zone (open/closed) and also verify proper voltage at the detector itself.

Desert_AIP said:
You can read the loop readings off the console to help determine the fault type.
Leaving them on the panel is far better. Pulling a zone off a panel to measure resistance is an elementary mistake many pros make when troubleshooting. Once you do that, you miss the other half of the equation, ground faults or loops.

Disconnecting them from the panel does not rule out programming or another physical item. Without getting into absolute and textbook values and readings, I'll put some generalizations out there. Say you have a NC EOLR panel circuit...1K for giggles. The panel needs to see about 3-5VDC to be happy on it's zone. Say the EOLR is shorted- V will equal 0. Circuit open- V will equal say, 7-9. Now how do you determine if there is a ground fault? How about a programming error in how the panel sees the circuit on a more complex install?

I only say this from working on more complex panels and circuits, like access control products and DEOLR's....where the software can be programmed to see the input 4 different ways depending on the DEOLR orientation and whether or not the circuit needs to see the value as active or inactive to perform what action it needs. Measure voltage (with the resistor in the loop, or DEOLR in the correct configuration) then it makes no difference what the connected panel is programmed as because it could be the reason why the loop is not being seen by the system properly. How do you know if the programming or physical items are the suspect? Meter voltage against known values the system needs to see for the states it's monitoring (easy on a 3 state loop).

I mean the 8 bit zone loop reading read directly off the console LCD

6, 4, scroll down to the zone you are interested in.

High Side Ground Fault 0-20 "NOT READY"
Trouble 21-35 "TROUBLE"
Low Side Ground 36-80 "NOT READY"
Trouble 81-110 "TROUBLE"
Closed 111-136 "NOT READY"
EOL Secure 137-157  "SECURE"
Trouble 158-200 "TROUBLE"
Open Circuit 201-255 "NOT READY"

Back