Amazing Screen Saver

pete_c

Guru
Here have been using clocks / simple slide show and video screen savers on my touchscreens.

While playing with HS3 touch found an impressive screen saver called Mosaic Infinite

Clocks / slide show screen savers are getting boring.

It is free with a tickle and worth the current price such that I purchased it. It would be nice if it was available for XBMC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84838260&v=YRyXlWVoaUo&feature=player_embedded&x-yt-ts=1422327029

Music: The Cinematic Orchestra - To Build a Home
Photos: National Geographic - Photo of the Day

How much CPU & RAM does that chew through?  It's nice to have an idle machine flipping through pictures, but not if it keeps the machine consuming a lot of resources.  

Eats much CPU stuff.  Best mechanism to configure it is to cache the pictures which does take a bit of time. 

Tabletops run on dual core Atom CPUs with 512Mb of ram.   Passively cooled with one heatsink the width of the tablet.  Running them about about 40% brightness.   Running them today with Wintel, Android or Linux. Roots of motherboard design are sort of early Intel macro mobile boards (big telephone boards).

While typing here just installed same screensaver on a larger in wall touchscreen as I was just using an old video screensaver on that one (doing stuff from the 1920's-1950's on it - Otto Preminger archives - very first television commercials - instructional archived videos).

http://youtu.be/hbbJmsRYrnc

I suspend them or just shut off the screens at night.  Glancing at new Windows 8X lite tablets these days.

Did purchase a tiny little quad core PC (started endeavor last summer) a few days back that consumes very little power.

375px-Colossus.jpg

Also utilizing Microsoft SAPI on them these days (TTS variety and VR).

Power Usage specs of currently utilized tablet top capacitance touchscreens.

1.24A/6.2W during startup

1.09A/5.4W with the clock on screen set at lowest brightness

1.40A/7.0W with the clock on screen set at Highest brightness

0.14A/0.7W in STANDBY set by performing a SYSRQ+O

Back