RC 1000 Thermostat Installed but not showing up on Snaplink or PC access

rdoddXL

I just installed a RC1000 thermostat and it seems to be working fine, however, I connected it to my Omnipro controller, verified it is wired correctly and cannot seem to get it to show up in either snaplink or PC access. I even named ID 1 in PC access to MBED uploaded that to the controler but I still cannot seem to see it or control it? 

I also verified that program mode was set to "none" and I also tried "Occupancy" but neither resolved the issue. I also verified the COMM jumper is installed on the TSAT. 

Not sure what else to try at this point. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Robert

Just wanted to post an update.  Here are some screenshots of the wiring. 

This is the new RC 1000 working. 
IMG_2490.JPG

How I wired it to to the HVAC system 

IMG_2491.JPG

How I wired it to the controler

IMG_2492.JPG

Old TSAT that I removed and original wiring. 

IMG_2493.JPG

One more note. It seems that when I set the TSAT for either COOL, HEAT or FAN, I hear it clicking every 30 secs or so and it does not COOL or HEAT. 

Also in PC ACCESS I seem to be missing some columns on the Thermostat section, There does not seem to be a way to enable it? Am i missing something. 

2-7-2015%202-49-00%20PM.jpg

I am stumped and hoping someone out there can help. 

Also

One more update:

Here is how it is wired on the Omnipro II 

Black to Ground and Green to Zone Output 8

controler.jpg

White Wire to +Zone 16 of Controler

2-7-2015%203-31-24%20PM.jpg

Here is an update. I got the tsat working. It required a common to be connected to the HVAC zone controller. Now the TSAT works however I still cannot access it via Snaplink or PCA. It seems that I have to change the zone type to energy saver but cannot see that option in the user version of PCA. I just ordered the dealer version so hopefully that will resolve the problem.

Yeah never saw that before.  Here is a picture of what I see in PCA for the Omnistat.

Thermostat-PCA.jpg

I also insulated the hole where the wires come from as the temps are different in my walls than the ambient temperature in the room.  I used an old fashioned mercury bulb thermometer to adjust a bit.  Temps were off a bit on the thermostat.

Pete that for the screen shot. Can you tell me what version of PCA you have and if it's the dealer version?

Thanks

It is the most recent dealer version.  If I see an update I just update it.  Thinking the version numbers coincide with the firmware versions (IE: 3.14 + and a splatter of a bunch of numbers).  Even the earlier version of the dealer version of PCA would show this stuff.

Ok so I got the dealer version of PCA and was able to change the zone to Energy Saver. Now I can see the Thermostat in Snaplink and 5.7e touch panel but the temps are displaying incorrectly and on both devices on top of that it's displaying different temps on Snaplink and 5.7e. However when I look at the status of the Thermostat in PCA it shows the correct information. 

I currently have Zone 16 set to "Energy Saver" however, I tried setting it to "Aux" but then it stopped showing up. 

Here are some pict to illustrate what is happening. 

2-13-2015%208-15-48%20PM.jpg

2-13-2015%208-14-28%20PM.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_2558.PNG

FullSizeRender3.jpg

Anyone have any

suggestions????

Robert

Here when utilizing PCA I update the panel and save everything.  Relating to the Omnitouch 5.7e's; I reboot them hitting the little reset button on them.  The Omnitouch 5.7e's will not see the changes until I do this.  I do the same for the Omnitouch 5.7's although I have never really paid attention to these as much.  Same for Omnitouch Pro software running on my touch tabletop tablets.

I then look at Snaplink restarting and having it download the configuration from the panel.  Snaplink will not see the changes dynmaically so you need to download them. 

The above written might not be the right way to do this but it works for me.

I think you are OK with what you did with PCA so the rest is easy peasy stuff.

In your picture of the RC 1000, The Orange wire goes to HP terminal 5 Reversing Valve for AC, The Blue wire goes to HP Terminal 3 “Common”
Remove the commutation wiring from the board first, and test as below, reinstall wiring. Test at RC 1000. Make sure all pins are present on the Tstat.
Make sure Zone 1 on the HAI mother board is not a temperature sensor, 5.7e picture shows a Temp sensor not a Tstat.
What Zone is your outdoor temp sensor on?

Thermostat Wiring Test

Test with a Lisle Automotive 12 Volt DC probe, Model# 24550
Lisle 24550 Computer Safe Circuit Tester - Operating range 3-28 volts
GREEN LED indicative of NEGATIVE polarity
RED LED indicative of POSITIVE polarity

RED = Brown & Brown / White, Red NOT USED, may be joined with BLACK
BLACK = Blue & Blue / White, Board Ground - Ground clip of tester
GREEN = Green & Green / White, Output #8 - RED Mode LED will be Pulsing
YELLOW = Orange & Orange / White, Zone #16 - RED Mode LED will be Steady

VOM in DC Mode
Testing the communication output for Tstats on the Omni Pro II with an ANALOG VOM
To test @ PANEL, Remove the Tstat wiring completely the panel,
Black wire to BOARD Ground
Check with volt meter for oscillating voltage @ OUTPUT #8.
Check with volt meter for steady voltage @ ZONE #16

NOTE: Test can be performed at the Tstat sub-base to test wiring.

CW

CW

Thanks for the thorough answer. I was able to get the TSAT working. I need to connect the "blue" Common to the TSAT and then connect it on the Zone controller next to my air handlers. I guess that was not needed with the old Robert Shaw TSAT I had.

The issue I have now is the TSAT works fine. It also shows up in PCA correctly now when I look at the TSAT status in PCA (see blow)

2-13-2015%208-15-48%20PM.jpg

However in Snaplink and on the 5.7e it seems to show up reporting the temp and it's incorrect on both devices. 

I am curious about something that you mentioned in you post to me. You stated: 

Make sure Zone 1 on the HAI mother board is not a temperature sensor, 5.7e picture shows a Temp sensor not a Tstat.
What Zone is your outdoor temp sensor on? 

However, I do not have a temp sensor installed except for what's built into the TSAT. 

Zone 1 is set as a FIRE zone because that is where my Smoke Detectors are. Here is how I have my Zones set up

2-14-2015%208-59-25%20AM.jpg

On the 5.7e I do not see a way to change the Temp to a TSAT. I just assumed that Temp on the 5.7e was where your TSATs appear. Can you change that to something other then Temp? Also in the snap link the interface shows Temp not a TSAT. 

IMG_2561.PNG
IMG_2562.PNG

Originally I had Zone 16 as a perimeter because it was protecting a window. Now that the TSAT is connected I changed it to "Energy Saver" and even discounted the dinning room window that was attached to Zone 16 just to be sure that was not the issue.  

I also renamed that Zone to 16/TSAT it was 16/TEMP I thought that maybe calling it a temp caused the OmniPro II to interpret it incorrectly. I tried changing the zone type to Aux but then nothing showed up on SnapLink or on the 5.7e. 

I have rebooted both the 5.7e and retrieved the setup again from Snaplink and I still get the (Temp which is wrong) and no way to control the TSAT remotely or even get it to show up. 

At this point I am not sure what it could be.

BTW I am running Firmware 3.14

Thanks in advance.

Robert 

Good news on the Blue common wire stuff.  Here many years ago I had some power stealing issues with the RC80 and installed the HAI power supply board / Elk 24 VAC transformer so the wiring here is a bit different but similar.

Here I have multiple inside and outside HAI temperature and humidity sensors.  They are set up in the zones section as temperature or humidity.  (they are below and above zone #16 - IE: zone 13,14,15,17(1), 18(2)...and so forth).  IE: these are set up only in Zones section and no other section.

The Thermostat is set up (under ZONE) as default (left alone - do not name it in ZONE section) and AUX in the ZONE type.  It has to be configured this way per the HAI Omnistat documentation.

In help section of PCA:

When any Thermostat Type is changed from the default setting of Not Used, Zone 16 and Output 8 are automatically configured for thermostats on all HAI Controller models except the Omni LT. There is no need to change the Zone Type for Zone 16 or Output Type for Output 8.

When you change the zone #16 device name/description or from AUX to something else the panel assumes its some other device and doesn't know its a thermostat.

Looks like you are almost there.  Here is what you should see. Note Snaplink example is multiple thermostats.

The answer here is the same as in the thread above which is IPhone Snaplink specific.

index.php

BTW I mostly just look at the settings and leave them alone these days.  Due to WAF temps are set at 68F during the summer and 70F during the winter here in the midwest.  No setbacks are used anymore (WAF thing).  68F isn't even cold enough as wife gets up at 3 AM sometimes in the summer and turns on the ceiling fan in the master bedroom causing a wind chill effect.
index.php

My Thermostat name comes from the Thermostats section.   I called it thermostat.  Call it something else if you want such that you see the name in your Omnitouch 5.7e.  (well like Tstat or thermo or anything else).

Please note that the changes are not dynamic; you have to save them and then upload them to the panel to see them working.

Now that the TSAT is connected I changed it to "Energy Saver" and even discounted the dinning room window that was attached to Zone 16 just to be sure that was not the issue.  

I also renamed that Zone to 16/TSAT it was 16/TEMP I thought that maybe calling it a temp caused the OmniPro II to interpret it incorrectly.

Side comment here unrelated / related.  I have switched much of my stuff over to Ubuntu 14.04 64bit.  Goofing around installed PCA and Snaplink in Linux Wine and they work fine (well even faster than Wintel) in Linux.  So you can configure in PCA in Linux and even use Snaplink in Linux.

Pete I matched you settings to mine exactly. However when I change the Zone type to AUX the Thermostat does not show up in either Snaplink or the 5.7e. after I retrieve the setup again and reboot the 5.7e

See below:
Tempissue.jpg

Can you point me to the spot in the Docs that suggest making it a Aux zone and not Energy Saver

According to the OmniPro II documentation it states the follow:

2-14-2015%2010-23-49%20AM.jpg

Source: http://www.leviton.com/OA_HTML/ibcGetAttachment.jsp?cItemId=zcx3XwK4qLk9fymTVxXuBA&label=IBE&appName=IBE&minisite=10251

I also checked in the RC1000 docs and it makes no mention as to what to set the Zone types to so I am confused. 

Can you take a screen shot of what you see in Snaplink and on your 5.7e

Thanks

Robert

Pete:

I GOT IT!. The issues was what you said. I just did not understand it at first. Here is what I did to solve the issue.

1) I changed the Zone type to AUX and left the name blank. That defaulted the name to Zone 16 but made it disappear from the Zones list in the Status Control Tab. 
2) Under Set up >> Thermostats I changed the name from TSTAT 1 to Thermostat. 
3) Saved the config and wrote it to the controller. 
4) Retrieved the setup from  Snaplink and the Thermostat appeared. 

Apparently without naming the Thermostat in the Thermostat section and just leaving it a TSTAT 1 makes the system think it's not there. I was clued into this when I removed the name from Zone 16 and it Defaulted to "Zone 16" but disappeared from the Zone list under the Status/Control tab of PCA. 

Once I named it "Thermostat" it fixed everything.  

Thanks so much for the help along the way. I have another RC 1000 coming today and I cannot wait to get it set up now. 

Thanks again!

Robert

Back