Help - suggestions for wireless with HAI LV10A11-1 audio module

wdeertz

I am using the HAI LV10A11-1 audio module with my OmniPro2 to announce messages. It's currently connected to a hard wired speaker but I'd like to get the sound to an area about 20 feet from my OP2 panel. The audio module has a line out. I'm looking for an inexpensive solution to stream the audio wirelessly. My initial thought was to use a Bluetooth transmitter to stream to a Bluetooth speaker but I'm not sure if this will work. I'm not sure how to pair the Bluetooth transmitter with the speaker as neither has a screen/menu.

Anyone using a similar setup or aware of a hardware device which will allow me to wirelessly stream audio from the audio module?

No replies? No one streaming audio from the OP2 wirelessly? From further research I think I've found a Bluetooth transmitter which will do what I am trying to accomplish but this will only stream to a single speaker. Another option I've come across is a FM transmitter which would allow me to send to multiple locations throughout the home.

I'm interested in hearing from others that may be sending their OP2 audio wirelessly. Is there a wifi solution that anyone is aware?

DELInstallations said:
KVM with audio comes to mind, but depends on the specific application.
Not sure I follow, when you say KVM are you referring to a keyboard/video/mouse switch? How does this allow me to stream audio wirelessly?

I have the same problem, but in addition to the voice, I also need the switch contacts from the audio module that close when the voice occurs to trigger my amp for the house speakers.  I'm not sure wireless will work for me, I'm just going to have to get wires though somehow.

wdeertz said:
Not sure I follow, when you say KVM are you referring to a keyboard/video/mouse switch? How does this allow me to stream audio wirelessly?
Some KVM's give the option for audio output, albeit limited. Want to say Blackbox comes to mind. For that matter, any that allow passthru USB would also work.

DELInstallations said:
Some KVM's give the option for audio output, albeit limited. Want to say Blackbox comes to mind. For that matter, any that allow passthru USB would also work.
Ok thanks for clarifying. I think I've found an inexpensive transmitter/receiver combo that will do what I need. Will post an update once I get it installed to share results with the forum.

Back