Premise Assigning a media file in script

Motorola Premise

Shinyshoes

I have the text to speech module and use it for whole-house Announcements through my Nuvo Grand Concerto.  The text to speech module had the ability to prepend an audio file to the announcement.  I thought this would be a good idea for some of my announcements but i have some situations that I dont want it to occur.

I added a simple if statement to my script but I am having trouble dynamically assigning an audio file to the "Audio Clip" variable in the text to speech module.  I added a media provider for the wav file I want, but it imports as "attention.wav" so when i try to assign it to the speech module in code "set Devices.CustomDevices.Speech.AudioClip = media.Content.Effects.Attention.wav" it thinks the .wav is a property of the object and I get an error saying "Object doesnt suppor this property or method." 

Any idea on how I can dynamically assign this audio file to the speech module?

I'll have to take a look this weekend to see what you're trying to do...

Are you using 123's text to speech module?  If so, I don't think you can just give it a file name.  You probably need to have your audio file in the media library and reference it as a media object.  Your other alternative is to use 123's TTS module's-built in ability to play a media file before speaking.  In my setup, I play the Star trek computer "chirp" before an announcement using his TTS library.

Back