ELK M1EZ8 and text notifications

jodyl1971

My apologies if this is the wrong place. I am a bit of a n00b when it comes to ELK systems.

I am helping someone set up an ELK M1EZ8 and have the system working.
Instead of normal monitoring, they simply want it to send them a text/e-mail with the time, date, and what zone was triggered.

I am looking for information on how to get this set up and working with this system.
I've seen some posts that mention the Ethernet adapter M1EXP, and others that mention the U-D ISY994i, but no clear steps on getting this going.

Any help here is tremendously appreciated!

You want an ELK M1XEP and a reliable network connection.  There are numerous threads here that discuss the basic setup and problems that you may encounter.

I'm not up to speed on the differences between the EZ8 and the M1g, but basically you need the ethernet component; and even with the higher end M1G and ethernet piece, you still won't get which zone was tripped - the M1G doesn't do any dynamic message content.  you can create up to 16 email messages - those are complete messages with subject, message, and recipient - then all you do via code is trigger which one to send.  So, if you have 16 or fewer zones it might work but it's not as dynamic as we'd all like.

[SIZE=10.5pt]To work around Elk's email dynamic zone limitations, NextAlarm non-dispatch service could generate more detailed messages. The cost of non-dispatch is 50% less than monitored. Recently, NextAlarm seems to have fixed the incorrect expander notification failures, so fault emails will accurately reflect correct keypad and zone changes. I do wish that NextAlarm would support ElkXEP IP alarm monitoring.[/SIZE]

Back