Haiku Haiku and Yale Z-Wave Locks

sawadee2

Hi,
I hope someone can help with this issue.  Background.

I have an OmniPro II security system that runs my automated home.  I use Haiku on my iPhone to connect to the home through the OPII.

I have ~55 UPB devices to control lights and other things. along with 21 cameras.

I have just installed a Z-Wave controller to serial port 2 of the OmniPro II.

I have created a Z-Wave network and havec added the controller and a Yale YRD220-ZW-605 deadbolt lock for the front door to the network (will add others later).

After all this I turned on the Haiku app and found the lock icon for the lock, great...  But, the Yale lock allows 4-8 digit security codes to control the lock. Using Haiku, I am only able to put in 4 digits before the app automatically tries to open the lock.

Is there a way to change the 4 digit limit(default) in Haiku to 6 or 8 digits?

Thanks

Hi again,
After posting the above request for help I looked around the site and found that "Space" was a rewrite of Haiku. Who knew!..
I installed Space a while ago and found it difficult to use and restrictive.   In any case, I tried Space and updated the configuration and found the lock.
On trying to unlock it I have the same issue. Only 4 digits allowed.    Any ideas on getting this to use more than 4 digits???

What?? 
Maybe I did not explain my issue properly.. 
I have the lock installed, programmed into OmniPro II and I have an icon (FRONT DOOR LOCK) on the front page of Haiku on my iPhone under Access Controls.
It shows LOCKED or UNLOCKED depending on its state.  If I touch it, (goes to next next screen) and then touch LOCK (or UNLOCK depending on current status) a keypad comes up and I can type in a code to open the lock (lock code, user code, access code for the lock - whatever you want to call it).
Haiku ( and SPACE) only allow 4 digits before the program(s) ends the process and tries the code.

Can this 4 digit limit be changed to a variable number up to 8 to handle the new locks?
Maybe it should not take the entered codes automatically but instead have an ENTER button to start the process.
Thanks

I am pretty sure he is saying that you don't use the access code for the lock but you use your security code for the omni. It asks me to use my fingerprint touch ID which is a replacement for the security code.  Try your four digit security code when asked instead. 

serky said:
I am pretty sure he is saying that you don't use the access code for the lock but you use your security code for the omni. It asks me to use my fingerprint touch ID which is a replacement for the security code.  Try your four digit security code when asked instead. 

That's what I got.

No need for more than 4 digits, Omni codes are only 4 digits.

Now, hopefully that 4 digit OMNI code is sent encrypted between HAIku and the controller, but unfortunately, it probably is not. That is the scary part.

My understanding is that everything comminicated via OmniLink is encrypted via the encryption keys given to the various devices/apps. I would think the codes are not an exception.

ano: It is in fact encrypted, the entire connection to the controller is encrypted as longwa mentioned.

Back