C

chucklyons

index.php
File Name: WeatherUnderground
File Submitter: chucklyons
File Submitted: 04 Apr 2015
File Category: Premise
Author: chucklyons

Some time ago, Premise luminary 123, had mentioned he'd like to have Moon Phases as part of WeatherUnderground.

Here it is.

I think I have the math done right. I've gone through a few cycles; it seems to be accurate.

Due to constraints (TWF), I have only included Moon images in increments of 10 (e.g. if moon age and illumination is between 10 and 20, then show image '15') sort of thing

Reversing my earlier stance, in addition to the Minibrowser version ppc and jqm, I have included the plugins, so it works in the AB.

(Sam, this will take care of the problem with the blank placeholders, I believe)

Images have been purchased (and modified) by me for distribution.

As always, backup before installing

Also, when it is a full moon, Premise plays 'Thriller'. (kidding)

Click here to download this file

Works great.  Thanks.

BTW, it seems that your (?) WU key is populated when importing the xdo.  I changed it to mine.  But you may want to remove that since to many calls can be an issue with their free API.

Sam, spoken like a true music aficionado!

Thanks on the key tip (although it doesn't look like mine??) - I reposted

So I finally have a chance to jump back in and let you know that I found a problem :(  

Seems that on the main screen I am missing temperature forecasts and forward-reverse arrows.  See attached image:

Attachments

• premise-wu-screen.jpg
    premise-wu-screen.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 9
I'm not having the issue - are you using 2.0.11? (you'll see that if you go to modules and select the 'WeatherUnderground' module; look at the properties 'version'). On the AB the default is Current Conditions. If you select any of the days, (including Today), the Current Conditions changes to the Forecast. Selecting the first box, returns Current Conditions to Today's Current Conditions. I don't recall - were there more than 5 days before I modified the WU?

What's missing is the high and lo temps in the 5 day boxes and the forward and back buttons to toggle between days 1-5 and 6-10.

BUT, seems that I have 2.0.10....

I have 2.0.11 and it is the same result.  I reinstalled V1.3.25 so I can show you what I mean.  Screencap below.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:852]

ahhh! I put logic in there that if people use that particular theme... ^_^  I'll check it out...

Sam, I'm stumped. I nuked my WU, made sure plugins were gone, bounced the services, imported 1.3, and nothing. Tried different themes, etc. I'll keep looking; besides, who needs more than a 5 day forecast :blink:

Don't kill yourself Chuck :)  It wasn't the 5-day thing really, it was the missing temps for the 5-days I had.

I reinstalled 1.3 for now.  Keeps the wife happy :)

After two major remodels on two houses, I'm back to getting them Premisified. I have stumbled across a couple of modules  that have changed. Unfortunately, WeatherUnderground is one. 

From WeatherUnderground - 

"Weather Underground as part of The Weather Company, an IBM business..."

"To improve our services and enhance the relationship with our users, we will no longer  provide free weather API keys as part of our program.  If you have been directed to download our Weather Underground free API key by a third party provider, please contact your vendor for resolution." 

So far, my key is working, but it sounds like that may be questionable in the future. Naturally, a number of people are, uh, irritated, especially as a lot of information is provided by user's personal weather stations, which IBM is receiving for free...

Yes, if you already have an API key it continues to work. It might change in the future and if it does I don't plan to pay for an API key; I'll switch to another provider.

As per my other post(s)...RTI apparently ran into the same issue with the Weather Driver...

123 - EXCELLENT job on the WeatherUnderground Module!! As I muddle thru my RTI experiment, I have both the Premise module and the RTI weather driver working. YOUR module showed that we had a "Beach Hazard" alert. The RTI driver didn't show any alerts.

BTW, according to the last thing I read, if you have a personal weather station (PWS) uploading to WU, the API will continue to work. It was supposed to stop 12/31/2018, but mine is still working (I have a PWS).

An interesting data point on the number of PWS that WU (now IBM) is using for getting their Weather data - over 250K PWS! 

Attachments

• RTI Weather.png
    RTI Weather.png
    52.3 KB · Views: 3