OmniTouch 7 Intercom Upgrade?

CJW-PIC said:
They have upgraded PC Access and the OmniTouch 7 Firmware with a new "SIP" No real user news yet.

As in Session Initiating Protocol?

May I ask: have you installed it yet, and if so, any issues?

• PC access version 3.14.2.783 was released.
  • Omnitouch 7 version 1.8 was released.
  • They added a "SIP Stations" page to the "Extended Setup" group.
  • Added a "SIP User" and "SIP Password" field to the Omnitouch 7 screens page.
Official release notes:

- Added support for SIP based intercom between IP Touchscreens, door stations and smart devices to the Extended Setup.
- Fixed update E-Mail Notifier firmware via UDP error.

Looks like the new Leviton intercom is based on the 2n helios platform. Have not seen a release date or price. Also looks like you need a SIP server setup. Instructions and details HERE.

I've been playing with this new feature and found the new OT7 sip phone feature uses the PortSIP VoIP for Android app and I can see it register with the PBX, although not reliably.

When placing a call to the PBX (setup as SIP Stations in PCA), when the SIP call ends, the OT7 will lockup then a message appears indicating you can Force Close the app or Wait

When using numbers for the passcode in PCA setup of the OT7, I could not get OT7 to register but changing it back to letters only for passcode seems to allow the OT7 phone app to register. Strange behavior to say the least. 

After force close of the Intercom app on the OT7, the screen goes blank and is locked up but power light stays on and Ethernet shows traffic.  Reboot from PCA does not work so have to manually disconnect power to recover.

When I call the OT7, either by direct SIP call or by PBX extension, the OT7 does not answer.

There is no hangup button and no mute! :blink:

Touching the SIP call button again does not hang-up either, it just pops a message to Force Close or Wait as the OT7 is not responding and now we've gone full circle.

ghostinstallations said:
Looks like the new Leviton intercom is based on the 2n helios platform. Have not seen a release date or price. Also looks like you need a SIP server setup. Instructions and details HERE.
Yikes! Okay, so it looks like the idea of native intercom functionality with the OT7 is clearly NOT what this release is about!

What about customers who simply want to be able to use the OT7 like an intercom - like was previously available on the 5.7's??

FIrmware to Fix Firmware - My guess is that Leviton will be releasing a new firmware upgrade to fix the issues of the untested 1.8 firmware soon. 

Icon Too Large with No Shadow - The intercom icon appears to be obnoxiously larger than any of the other icons on the OT7 display. I would have recommended they make it more narrow so that it's appearance was similar to that of other icons light security, lighting, cameras, events, etc... Its the only icon without a shadow (probably due to its overly large size).

Was this Beta Tested before Release - Was anyone on this forum part of the beta test group for this new feature?

Was this Beta Tested before Release - Was anyone on this forum part of the beta test group for this new feature?

Judging by the Snaplink  image below, Leviton S&A beta testers either do not know how to spell or Leviton just doesn't use beta testers.

Attachments

• Snaplink.png
    Snaplink.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 42
BobS0327 said:
Judging by the Snaplink  image below, Leviton S&A beta testers either do not know how to spell or Leviton just doesn't use beta testers.
Its not either or, its BOTH.
Leviton has no testers. I just bought a Zigbee Interface Module which is this little device with an LCD screen to connects to Zigbee locks and thermostats. You can place it next to your bed so it has a big clock on the front.  The clock time is also passed to other zigbee things like your thermostats.

So I plug it in and set the time, but I notice the time never changes.  I thought that it must be defective so i contact Leviton.  They tell me its a firmware bug and I need to use older firmware.

This tells me two things.  First, they don't even do the most basic of testing. and Second, they care so little, that they didn't even bother to remove this firmware and install the older firmware before they shipped it and this defective firmware came out months ago. 

So I left two touchscreens running to see if one would ever start working again after selecting "WAIT" on one and "FORCE CLOSE" on the other using the new firmware update with SIP intercom.

Both have stayed locked up now for two weeks (14 days) with dark screen and no control whatsoever.

If I were a product tester at Leviton, I would think after being locked up for a couple of weeks, someone would have noticed - OR - did someone actually notice, found unplugging the power resolved the issue, and logged that as a "fix" for the bad firmware. 

Happy :rofl: to see the new feature may be possible someday, but sad it doesn't work :wacko:  (like going to the tire store to get new tires, but all are flat by the time you get in your car).

StarTrekDoors said:
If I were a product tester at Leviton, I would think after being locked up for a couple of weeks, someone would have noticed - OR - did someone actually notice, found unplugging the power resolved the issue, and logged that as a "fix" for the bad firmware.

Honestly, do you REALLY think they are testing their firmware before releasing it? They do test panel firmware because that is automated and required for UL, but I would be very surprised if they were testing their other products. The problems I am seeing are so blatent I'm not sure how they could get by the most basic of testing. 

So I've been playing with the SIP Intercom trying to get it to stop locking up to no avail when calling out, but in my endeavors, found some interesting information.

The OT7 SIP Intercom requires H.264 video but the camera support for OT7 does NOT support H.264 for cameras.  Interesting how part of the system supports this latest technology and another part, seemingly related does not.

So moving on, I placed some calls come into the OT7 and after a minute or so, the OT7 will pop the Leviton boot logo and will show it is restarting yet during the entire process, audio from the call will continue and once the OT7 shows the normal display, the OT7 no longer shows it is in a call, even though it stayed and is still connected with audio from the original call still ongoing.  After a minute, the OT7 will again pop the Leviton boot screen, audio still going, repeat, repeat....

1) Wish camera display would support H.264 and not just MJPEG
2) Wish intercom worked properly without lockup and random reboots depending on how intercom call was started
3) Wish that OT7 could initiate a two-way call to another OT7, as one-way means, call OT7-B from OT7-A, say message. Say "Over" since it's more like your using a walkie talkie, then person at OT7-B presses button to call back OT7-A, says one-way message, then "Over".  Of course, if you've used a CB radio instead of walkie talkie, you could say "Go ahead Good Buddy" "and "Come back Bandit".
4) Wish the OT7 would accept direct IP calls without need of registration which will allow non-registered devices to also reach the OT7 for voice interaction

Back