Haiku HAIKU Slider Control missing in iOS 8.3

jlipsit

The slider control in HAIKU is missing for both volume control and dimming under iOS 8.3. My wife's phone still has 8.2 and the slider is present. I have completely rebooted my phone with the same results. See screen snapshot attached. 

IMG_1668.PNG

Please fix this when you can as I use this several times a day.

Thanks,

Jim Lipsit

I updated to iOS 8.3 as well and have encountered the same problem...the slider control in Haiku is missing.  I also re-installed Haiku and re-booted my cell phone to to avail.  Please fix as soon as possible.
Thanks,
sailnpb

I  am having the same problem, and I'm glad I discovered it before buying the Haiku software for my Mac computer.  Please update the Haiku application so that the slider features work once again.  

Thank you
Keypper

lupinglade,

Can you give us an update on this issue? It is affecting many of your customers.

Thanks,

Jim

This is an iOS 8.3 bug and is affecting other applications as well. We're investigating a possible workaround.

Can the developer post an update on plans to resolve this issue? Fast approaching 2 months and I think it to be only fair for me to ask prior to posting comments on the App Store.

We are not forcing anyone to upgrade to Space, rather that Haiku is old code that is built using an old SDK. It is not trivial to simply issue an update as in order to do so we must update the entire app and UI for the new SDKs. That is why Haiku does not have the new iOS 7/8 look. At this time development has moved onto Space and we don't currently have plans to do such a major update to Haiku.

I will look into any options, but its not likely that Haiku will get updated. However, I know other apps are experiencing this missing slider as of iOS 8.3 so its very likely Apple will correct it in the next update.

All this being said, I do recommend users upgrade to Space simply because it is a much more polished application using the latest code and has the least amount of bugs. It performs much better than Haiku, I know this from personal experience in testing and real world use. We have lots of UI and feature updates planned and a big update is already queued with Apple. We're always happy to hear your feedback and it is our goal to make Space the best home automation app possible. Upgrading to Space also supports development of the product, which is very niche thus every sale helps. Sticking to Haiku simply limits us in what we can do for you in the future with Space.

I know I have my issues with Space, but the statement that it has the 'least amount of bugs' can easily be summed up that it doesn't have all the features of Haiku.  Flags is a big missing item, and it's just not as easy to use.  I bought Space right when it came out and the only time I've used it since then was to use the slider.  'Polished' and 'usable' are not mutually exclusive.

I do sympathize with your SDK issue, and understand you have limited manpower to maintain an app that you decided to sunset.  Your support has always been great with Haiku, and yall are generally quite responsive.  I just can't use Space for everything I need in its current form.

Thanks for your feedback. Space has just about all of the features of Haiku. Flags are supported, but I imagine you mean that we don't have a way to set a flag's # value currently -- that can certainly be added in an update. I will add it to the short-term TODO list. Favorites are coming. Besides that, Space has all the same features and more... Make sure you have Rooms set up, as the Control section is not meant to be used directly for regular use (that is sort of the old way of organizing rooms).

Just curious, does Space still work with HaikuHelper in the same way that Haiku does? Or is there a separate SpaceHelper app that must be purchased?

Back