Lutron's lower priced "Caseta" home automation line...

That article is from a year ago, I will care when a non-cloud based controller is available to use with it. From what I have read on it, there is a 50 device limit and only 30' range with no repeaters option, you might be able to add a different antenna to increase the range. Wink and Staples have hubs that work with it so the Lutron Bridge is not needed. I have seen where some people have hacked brand new Wink hubs to get local control.

I just receive a training on caseta this week. You can add multiple " hub " for 50 devices each one. There are ip only so no integration with rs-232 controller. The 30 feet its guarantee work but our test with no obstruction is more than that. Working on 433 MHz range. This is not a mesh network like z-wave.

jefferson said:
I just receive a training on caseta this week. You can add multiple " hub " for 50 devices each one. There are ip only so no integration with rs-232 controller. The 30 feet its guarantee work but our test with no obstruction is more than that. Working on 433 MHz range. This is not a mesh network like z-wave.
Thanks for the clarification.  So, the various hubs report back to a PC or similar, which coordinates actions for devices on different hubs?  

Sorry for take time to reply. Each hub are talking to main hub. Lurton have a free app to set everything and for a small project I think is great. You have hvac, light, window treatments and lamp module. You need smart bridge pro to integrate with other HA system. But if you just want light and thermostat it's great. It's like a Vera but for Lutron stuff with less option.

Back