Energy monitor

kurtmccaslin

I am working on the design for an energy monitor for my new home.   What I am looking for is a monitor that not only monitors and graphs energy usage, but also communicates with my Omni Pro home automation system.   For example I would like to get notification when I set the security system to "away" and the oven is still on.  

Has anyone done this?

What I am looking at is a Brultech GEM monitor connected to Charmed Quark connected to the Omni.   Would this work?   Is there a simpler way to do this?

45 views and no responses.   I guess this means that nobody has tried this before.   I will let you know if I am able to get it all hooked up and working.   However, it is likely to slide to lower in the priority list, as this has higher risk than my other projects.

I have Brultech monitor connected to homeseer, which interfaces with OmniPro and sets flags for each monitored appliance. I don't see why would this not work also with CQS, considering it has drivers for both Gem and Omni.

You might consider posting on the CQC forum for specific feedback. While I do not have a Brultech or an Omni, I do have CQC and it can definitely handle what you are describing.

We have a Brultech GEM driver already. So CQC can directly control the Brultech and provides all of the monitoring info.

Back