PHONE LINE DEAD HAD TRBL message will not clear

whumphrey

I have the message "PHONE LINE DEAD HAD TRBL" on my console.   I have tried 8 + 3 to clear messages but it remains.  The OPII is able to access and use the phone line just fine.  How do I clear this message? 

Thanks

You should measure the voltage across the phone line at the panel. You can adjust what level this trips at. Are you using POTs or some form of VoIP?

Just following up on this....
Double asterisk worked to clear the message. Thanks!!

Phone line is from time warner digital from cable modem box.

Warren

(buzzword, buzzword, buzzword) VOIP.

(sorry, too many cable ISP's call their product whatever they want for marketing reasons when it's really VOIP).

whumphrey said:
Just following up on this....
Double asterisk worked to clear the message. Thanks!!

Phone line is from time warner digital from cable modem box.

Warren
No matter the type of phone, you should be able to get it to work.  Measure the DC voltage across the phone line (red & green) when it gets in the panel.   It should be 48-52 volts, and the GREEN is positive. (Not the red.) If its out-of-spec, you can adjust the Omni to compensate.

You can also read the phone line voltage from inside PC Access. I think a normal value is 140.

Unlike Plain Old Telephone Service (POTS) VoIP boxes like the Time Warner one generates this voltage internally, and unlike the telephone company, its not always as accurate as it should be.

That's a good question. Unfortunately i still don't have my new system running but i thought it was on the Status - System page along with the battery voltage. If not maybe measuring the voltage with a voltmeter is the only solution. On-hook voltage should be 48 - 52V.

Yup; battery has a number.  Rest just shows secure. 

The original HS2 plugin does show a voltage for the battery.  Never looked to see if that is available for the pots line in the HAI API stuff.  The phone voltage would be a good add to the HS3 plugin.

Battery Level  13.35 Volts       Today 6:37:54 AM

Back