4 relay module: 10A07-1
- wired to garage door

ZigBee Interface Module: 81A00-3WHZB
- for Kwikset Zigbee lock
Wired smoke detectors
​Wired glass break detector
Wired motion sensors

Two things are occurring with my system:

1) Console beeps are disabling on their own.  I found this: cocoontech.com/forums/topic/26126-console-beeps-disabling-on-their-own/ and followed instructions to reset RAM.  This did not help.  To get around this problem, I created a button to turn chimes back on and have it run on a 15 minute interval.

2) I am getting random console beeping, 4-6 beeps in row.  They are always associated with a message on the console that varies.  Three examples:

UNIT: 400
ENTER UNIT

or

BUTTON: 333
ENTER BUTTON

or

UNIT: 00
ENTER UNIT

Any ideas what I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks

Do you have more than one console, and do they all beep or only one?  Is the message displayed on the console, in the log or both?
I have a similar setup to you, and I had a very similar problem. I had multiple consoles and one would beep randomly. I never solved it, but I replaced the console, and the connector and neither of those things helped. 

If you do have multiple consoles and only one beeps, you could try switching it with another, to see if the beeping switches or stays in the same location.

Thank you for the info. I have only one console.  Message is displayed on the console only.  I did contact Leviton and they said it is likely a "grounding" problem since I am getting random messages on the console.  I made sure all connections on the board were secure.  I've upgraded to 3.15 firmware...we'll see if that makes any difference (not expecting it to).

Did you ever determine a solution to this?? I have both of the EXACT same issues. I dont have the unit grounded, but that's a very strange result of not grounding the unit.

I "resolved" my issues by removing my wireless receiver. I tried this since it connects to the A/B bus of the controller, the same as the console.

Not a great solution because I can't use my wireless key fobs or sensors right now. Going to be replacing my receiver to see if it was the issue.

By HAI stating grounding is the issue, I'd put the receiver on the bus with a short piece of cable and rule out the field media before shotgunning parts at it. Sounds like a partial ground fault or noise causing the bus to get improper replies from units on the bus itself.

Unfortunately, I've seen and had to deal with similar on large addressable fire alarms. Not fun.

My apologies for the delay in following up on this...the solution was to replace the console.  No more random events or random console beeps disabling.

sdl5e, I am having the exact same issues you had last year, including the exact same "Button:  333" message on the console display.  I'm also getting random lights "ALL ON" triggered which I suspect could be from the console also, did you experience that?

Regardless, I'm curious if after a year the problem is still fixed for you (i.e. replacing the console indeed fixed it).  I assume removing wireless transceiver wasn't the fix after all?

I have 3 consoles that all seem to have the problem so I hate dumping over $300 for new consoles or paying HAI to fix consoles I seldom use unless this is really going to fix the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

What firmware are you on?   I had this issue and it went away after getting to 3.14 and hasn't came back.

JonW said:
What firmware are you on?   I had this issue and it went away after getting to 3.14 and hasn't came back.

I'm on the latest, 3.16.

That's interesting that yours went away with a firmware update, that makes me less confident this is a console problem.  Did you get the random digits on the LCD (like "Button:  333", which is effectively pushing "3" four times) or the random events occurring or both?  I can see how a faulty console would generate these errant keystrokes, but I wouldn't think noise or other problems on the bus would cause a properly functioning console to generate keystrokes.

Yes, I had the Button 333 and the all lights on.  I actually removed the button I had coded at location 3 since that was ocassionally getting triggered.  Another thing you can do is set your rooms to not respond to all lights on/off.  At least doing those two items will make it bearable while trying to troubleshoot.

Have you tried reloading the firmware just to see if it would fix it?

As I recall, I had the issue across a couple of firmware versions and I was never really convinced that it was the firmware version causing it.  However, since getting to 3.14a, I've not had the problems again.  Possibly just a corrupt firmware or config in the panel?   Whatever i is, there are a few of us that have had it before.

Did your issues begin after installing an expansion enclosure?  My system worked flawlessly for 7 years then this problem started shortly after adding several new zones that required me to add an expansion enclosure.  I can't say for sure the EE started this, but given others have suggested it did in another thread, it's possible.

Yes I have reloaded the firmware, and have tried about every other troubleshooting method I could think of.  

No, I did not add an EE.  Mine seemed to just start randomly, but it could have been after a firmware update.  Mine had been running for years as well with no issues.  It's back to being fine now - at least a year and a half with no issues.

Mike:

I am sorry that I just saw this message...problems were solved by replacing the console. The wireless receiver apparently wasn't the issue.

Back