*** Resolution Products RE206Tilt Sensor

Mp333

Wondering the reliability of Resolution Products RE206Tilt Sensor. Wondering if anybody here has used them? Will it work with ELK/Honeywell setup?

It'll work, but contacts are typically much more stable and reliable. They won't trip until they hit about 45 degrees which means a door could possibly be compromised before (or if) the sensor detects it. Not saying contacts don't have faults either, but will pick up much faster.

DEL - Same story with Honeywell 5822T? Also if its mounted on the top panel which tilts first it would pickup faster?.

None of their docs specify the angle of tilt, but I would assume it's similar.

I'd still go with a contact on the door as it would sense faster, of course depending on the installation and whether or not a wide gap OHD contact was used and installation details.

A WG OHD contact will usually "open" at about 2" or so gap, so adjusted properly to have minimal play and still tolerate door "slop" it'll always detect the door opening much faster.

I'd only see a tilt sensor in limited applications, such as the old school steel hopper and basement type windows where barrier bars weren't an option.

We have been using their products for a few years now and they are very reliable. they makes some really neat stuff.

Back