Haiku Pushing voice message to IOS devices with Haiku/Haiku Helper or Space?

wdeertz

I am trying to get voice messages from my OP2 to my IOS devices using either Space or Haiku/Haiku Helper.  With Space I get voice notifications when zones are not secure but no other voice messages being generated by the system.  With Haiku/Haiku Helper I've setup all push notifications with Growl and speech actions enabled but I can't seem to get any voices coming to my IOS devices.

Is it possible to push OP2 voice messages to IOS devices using either Space (or Space Helper once released) or Haiku/Haiku Helper?

Yes, it is possible with Space or Haiku. Just show the message with LED or beep. Space/Haiku have to be open in the foreground, though or set up in Wall Mount mode.

lupinglade said:
Yes, it is possible with Space or Haiku. Just show the message with LED or beep. Space/Haiku have to be open in the foreground, though or set up in Wall Mount mode.
Not sure what I am doing wrong but I get no voice messages on my Ipad.  The Mac will play the voice message when I send a "Show" command but it doesn't get pushed to my Ipad.  I have "Text to Speech" enabled on both Space and Haiku and both applications are open and in the foreground while the message is being sent via the "Show" command.  The messages show in Space/Haiku as unread messages but no sound.

Any idea what settings I may have wrong?

lupinglade said:
Are you sure you are sending a show command *with* LED/beep?
The only options I have are 1) with beep, 2) no beep and 3) no beep/LED.    Your reply implies I should be able to show messages with both LED and beep.  I am using PC Access 3.15.  Any ideas?

lupinglade said:
Just checked to make sure: You must send it "with Beep".
I get the "ding dong" beep and the unread message in Haiku on the IPad but there is no voice message coming through to the Ipad, however, with Growl I get the voice message on the Mac desktop running Haiku helper.

I can confirm push notifications are enabled in Haiku on the IOS device, Text-to-speech enabled for Haiku on IOS device, Push messages enabled to IOS devices in Haiku Helper, Growl configured for speech which gives me voice reading of messages but no voice on IOS device, sending command "Show message with beep" from PC Access.

I am beginning to think its not possible to push spoken voice messages to an IOS device using Haiku Helper.  Any other ideas as to how I can get this working?

lupinglade said:
Is Haiku open and in the foreground when you test?

Have you tried with Space?

Yes Haiku is open and in the foreground when testing.  Same thing with Space,  Haiku Helper pushes the message to Space but no verbal voice message.

Any other ideas?

Try sending the message with beep/led from PC Access, does that work?

It should definitely be working, I've tested here with both Haiku and Space.

lupinglade said:
Try sending the message with beep/led from PC Access, does that work?

It should definitely be working, I've tested here with both Haiku and Space.

And now we have gone full circle, as stated in an earlier posting I am using the latest PC Access software version 3.15 which only has the options 1) with beep 2) no beep or 3) no beep or LED.  I do not have an option to "Show" a message with Beep and LED.  Could this be the issue?

What version of PC Access are you using?

lupinglade said:
With Beep is what i mean, that means with beep and with LED.

ok not sure what happened but I am now able to get messages in Haiku, but still nothing in Space.  If Space is running in the background then nothing comes through with Haiku, I think that was the problem I was having.  I suppose I will need to wait for the Space Helper to be released to be able to use with Space.

When I "show" a message the ios device beeps and says the message "short description" but doesn't actually say the message that is configured for this message.  Is there a way to get the actual message to be read out?

wdeertz said:
ok not sure what happened but I am now able to get messages in Haiku, but still nothing in Space.  If Space is running in the background then nothing comes through with Haiku, I think that was the problem I was having.  I suppose I will need to wait for the Space Helper to be released to be able to use with Space.
It should work with Space + HaikuHelper as well, as where the message comes from doesn't really matter since its the controller that actually "posts" it.
When I "show" a message the ios device beeps and says the message "short description" but doesn't actually say the message that is configured for this message.  Is there a way to get the actual message to be read out?
Is this on Haiku? And what message are you expecting to hear? It won't say the message you have set as VOICE in PC Access. It will speak the name of the Message or optionally if you set a custom name in Haiku/Space, it will speak that.

lupinglade said:
It should work with Space + HaikuHelper as well, as where the message comes from doesn't really matter since its the controller that actually "posts" it.Is this on Haiku? And what message are you expecting to hear? It won't say the message you have set as VOICE in PC Access. It will speak the name of the Message or optionally if you set a custom name in Haiku/Space, it will speak that.
I guess Haiku/Space is not capable of doing what I am trying to do. I wanted the voice messages configured in PC Access to be spoken on the IOS device. Not sure why if it can say the short description it can't say the complete message.

Back