Power adapter for Axis 2400+ video server

BobS0327

I just purchased a Axis 2400+ Video Server from eBay.  Unfortunately, it didn't come with a power adapter.

The power input on the device indicates "Power PS-D". 

I'd really like to run down to my local electronics store and buy a power adapter for this box.  So, can anybody suggest the correct power adapter for this box?

Pete, Thanx for the info.

I used the specs you posted and the Amazon link to buy  a equivalent transformer at my local electronics store.  I now have the video server powered up and am ready to start playing with it.

Somewhere on this forum, I have detailed instructions on the settings needed for a doorbell to get a screen shot emailed when the button is pressed.

Here in the last couple of years removed the analog capture cards from the ZM box that I have been using and put the rest of the analog cams on the Axis 2400+ servers.  Very plug n play I have been able to integrate the device in to my automation just fine.  It is very well constructing and very industrial / commercially built.

Configuration is very easy.

axis2400plus.jpg

The image quality just isn't impressive on the 2400+.  I posted a snapshot below with the hope that someone can suggest some tweaks to improve the quality.  The image appears to be black/white although the camera is a color camera.  Also, my Dahua DVR provides a crisp, clear color image from the same camera.

Attachments

• AxisJPG.jpg
    AxisJPG.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 6
Here using single 1 in and 4  out video amps per feed and I get a good quality picture (for analog).

It has been a while since these were installed.  I am splitting the analog feeds for use with the OmniTouch video hub for the Omnitouch 5.7 screens. 

videoamp.jpg

I also back feed the IP video to analog using a Grandstream encoder / decoder.

Here are pictures from yesterday and today via Axis 2400+/Optex configured for 704X480.

driveway.jpgliveimage.jpg

Here are pictures from yesterday/today via a Grandstream POE IP HD camera configured at 640X320.

driveway2.jpgfront.jpg

Sorry about not replying sooner.  I got tied up with other home issues. 

I'm using the color option for my one camera in the image settings.  I'm using a 704x480/704x576 resolution.Compression is set at 50. Xoffset and Yoffset are both set to zero.

I'm not using any baluns.  I have a direct cable connection from the camera to the video server. I'm using RG6 quad shield cable.

Set the unit to Factory Default and then reran IP Uitility to reassign IP address.  I also changed the compression to zero.  This made a minor improvement in picture quality.

I'm not sure how to send NTSC color bars to the unit without buying color bar generator hardware.  I really don't want to make the hardware investment since this is a really cheap USED video server.

Also, the camera IR doesn't appear to be working with the Video server.  At night, the image is almost totally black.

BobS0327 said:
Set the unit to Factory Default and then reran IP Uitility to reassign IP address.  I also changed the compression to zero.  This made a minor improvement in picture quality.

I'm not sure how to send NTSC color bars to the unit without buying color bar generator hardware.  I really don't want to make the hardware investment since this is a really cheap USED video server.

Also, the camera IR doesn't appear to be working with the Video server.  At night, the image is almost totally black.
That last statement has me questioning other hardware. The IR is going to be a function of the analog cameras and not the encoder.

Color bars or similar can be sent out of most monitors or even TV's or a DVR using the RCA to a BNC adapter. Less than a buck for that. That would be what I'd try to rule out a camera or signal issue.

Remember, the media isn't the bad item here (RG6QS) but I'd be looking at the signal coming out of the cameras and into the encoder and using a cheap analog output device to the encoder would prove which is the actual issue.

Back