Home Automation, Security and CCTV

Mugwug

New to the forums having just tripped across them doing a google search.

Have had alarms (DSC systems) and CCTV (have progressed through a few different configurations - Zoneminder, old surplused DVRs and now finally running an HVR with a 50/50 split of analog and IP cameras) installed at my home(s) for years.

Started trying my hand at home automation last year and went with Vera as it seemed it would most easily integrate with the hardware I already had in place.

Have now spent bundles of cash on Security/CCTV/HA farkles and am really enjoying myself playing with this technology.

Welcome to CT.

I just purposed an old Core 2 Quad to run ZM for my IP cams. Motion record mode works great, but I still need to figure out a couple of things. Perhaps you can help.

1. Can I configure ZM to re-stream video as RSTP feeds regardless of camera?
2. My HA controller (ISY) supports HTTP commands. Does ZM accept HTTP or REST commands to enable motion recording for groups of cameras or individual cameras? For example I want to enable motion alarm recording for all cameras when my security system is armed in away mode. In stay mode I want to enable motion recording for exterior cameras only.

Take a look at Blue Iris to do all this. Very solid and has profiles you can config to do all that.

Back