Elk M1G/M1XEP won't connect with RP2 after updates

cmerlino

Hi all, Got into a situation and need some help!
I have an M1G w/M1XEP and ISY994.  Just updated pc to Win 10, and went to reinstall RP2, got the latest 2.0.24, which wouldn't connect with my panel.  Tried many things - no luck.
Finally tried unsecure port 2101 and it connected, so I (foolishly??) updated the panel to firmware 5.3.8 (bootloader was already at 3.3.6).  Still able to connect via 2101, so I (second mistake???) updated the M1XEP to bootware 2.0.2 and firmware 2.0.20 - now I'm stuck.

RP2 will try to connect - sometimes it gets no answer, sometimes it says it connected, but then checking for conflicts takes 40+ minutes.  Once I tried to receive all the changes, and RP2 crashed...
Now trying to connect with new RP2 install 2.0.24 on Win 7 machine, still no luck...

What now?  Any ideas??  RP2 can always (quickly) find the XEP.  Port 2101 fails instantly.  Port 2601 seems to be timing out (best I can guess).  Of course the ISY can't see anything....

I have no idea what to do next.  HELP!!!!

I would try creating a new customer account on the Win7 machine and entering the user info, remote access code and XEP information manually.

Mike.

Win 10 is still a no-go from everything I've heard/read.

Static or DCHP? DHCP reserved? How is your network configured?

My guess is the unit rebooted after the FW and blew out the IP and DHCP assigned new. (part of the reason I either go static or remove the IP programmed out of the DHCP pool)

Get the win 7 machine running and try to find the XEP or do a network scan for the MAC.

All fixed.  Here is what happened (so the next guy doesn't fall in the same hole I did...)

Win 10 was still a no-go.  Updating M1XEP to 2.0.20 apparently reset the config to disable the non-secure port (2101).  I changed ISY to try and connect to 2601, and that caused RP2 to not be able to connect....  :wacko:

After reading (for the umpteenth time) a prior post, it dawned on me that ISY was causing RP2 to freak out.  So shut down ISY and RP2 connected from Vista machine.  Reset the XEP config and re-enabled port 2101, reset ISY to use 2101 - all works!
BTW - Win 10 RP2 now works on 2101 only...

Thanks for the input - you are all tops in my book!!!! 

Back