M1TWA - listen to Microphones over Internet

twinprice

I am installing the M1TWA and have speakers with microphones. Is the only way to access the microphones to dial into the system? I am planning on using the M1XEP to control  and connect to Central station over Ethernet and won't have a phone line connected to the system.

Am I missing the point to the M1TWA? Can't i use it to listen to the microphones?

Thanks

I bought the TWA with a couple of microphones as part of my initial system design and was very disappointed when I learned that you can only listen to the microphones by dialing into the system via telephone. At this point it is sitting on the shelf collecting dust. I plan to install it at some point because i have two buildings and would like to control the audio separately but that is another story.

Mike.

You could do something like an ATA, a VoIP.ms account and dial into it (or even use a soft phone onnyour computer to dial into it.

giesen said:
You could do something like an ATA, a VoIP.ms account and dial into it (or even use a soft phone onnyour computer to dial into it.

That's an interesting idea. I experimented a little at dialing in to the Elk and had problems with my phone answering machine interfering with the Elk going off hook and taking the call. Using the phone was clunky and primitive.

Mike.

Back