Leviton Zwave serial interface doesn't work

sjht

My OP2 can no longer control any devices through the vizia rf+ (latest version). I did unplug the interface and also powered off the OP2, but no go. Do these things fail or any other ideas what to look for? Has worked flawlessly for years. No other issues with the system. SJ

Do these things fail or any other ideas what to look for?

I have not read here on the forum relating to any failures of the Leviton serial Z-Wave PIM.

Personally here mine has been configured with a small Z-Wave network for over 5 years now and it has always functioned just fine.

Have you connected to the VRC0P (assuming that's what it is) directly via serial connection to a computer?

This can show if it's passing data...

I ended up having to re-include the device back into my zwave network after doing a factory reset. Strange but working again. SJ

Everything is still working, but one really strange thing.  My plug in modules no longer cascade up and down when coming on/off.  also, when they dim, they just come on.  If I reset the level, they go up/down/reset to that level.  Never worked that way since I installed them.   I did have to reset the RS232 module and update all of my controllers.  The local controllers also do this now.   Any clue on this?  Thanks.  SJ

Unplugging them seems to have fixed. Strange but we did have a quick power failure which might have done something to the modules. SJ

SJHart said:
Unplugging them seems to have fixed. Strange but we did have a quick power failure which might have done something to the modules. SJ

I've seen the same issues a few times when power flickers.  Devices get a little sideways but clearing the device (by disconnecting power) always seems to work.  It can also cause devices to become "confused" and forget their family.  :(

I read some reports that the Leviton ZWave PIM was surge susceptible, a couple people recommended running them on filtered UPS to prevent issues.  After doing that, they had seen no further issues.

Back