Premise Quick module for Volumio device?

Motorola Premise

samgreco

I built a Raspberry Pi based streaming device using Volumio.  Works great.  What I am looking to do is to create a module for it that simply attaches to mSense and instead of giving me controls, has a webframe below the standard controls to open the web based control page for Volumio.

Can anyone point me in a direction?

So I flashed an OpenElec image onto an SD and fired it up on my Raspberry Pi.  I also have Kodi installed on an Amazon FireTV.  I can't get either to import.  I get a port reset error on both.  So to be sure I could remote control, I installed Kore onto my Android phone and I can control my FireTV with it.  So it seems that remote control part of Kodi is working.  But I still get: FAILED due to port reset and nothing imports.

Is there anything I need to set in Kodi that I am missing?

BTW, Port Spy just shows 2 block of what appears to be hex as soon as I open it and when I trigger an import I get another 2 blocks of hex and nothing else.

So it seems that Premise is trying to connect and gets no response.  I also bound the Kodi device to a PVR in the Home tree to check if it was just an import issue.  It's not.  None of the controls work either.  So I am guessing that it's a setup issue.  I have Kodi's Webserver setup with no username or password.  Is that an issue?

To be clear, the PortStatus never shows "Opened" for the KODI device in Premise Builder?  If it shows Open, please paste what port spy shows when you try a few commands.

If PortStatus shows Port(OpenFailed): 
I would ensure your server is on the same subnet as the wireless KODI box, that KODI is open on whatever box you are trying to connect with, that your router is set up to allow bridged connections between wired and wireless networks, etc... 

Do you have other modules that use the Lantronix UDS10 work around?  Is the Lantronix add in known to work on the Premise server?  Did you restart the Premise service after adding it?

Also, try pinging the KODI box from your Premise server using a Windows command prompt.  KODI should respond to a ping.

I would also wonder if KODI can support more than one connected IP based remote at a time.

PS: you aren't using the webserver part (ok to enable though), that is on port 8080 I think.  The Premise module uses TCP on port 9090 or whatever you change the default to.  These settings are under Services->Remote Control.  Enable both options there.

samgreco said:
I can't get either to import.  I get a port reset error on both.  So to be sure I could remote control, I installed Kore onto my Android phone and I can control my FireTV with it.  So it seems that remote control part of Kodi is working.  But I still get: FAILED due to port reset and nothing imports.

Is there anything I need to set in Kodi that I am missing?

BTW, Port Spy just shows 2 block of what appears to be hex as soon as I open it and when I trigger an import I get another 2 blocks of hex and nothing else.

So it seems that Premise is trying to connect and gets no response.  I also bound the Kodi device to a PVR in the Home tree to check if it was just an import issue.  It's not.  None of the controls work either.  So I am guessing that it's a setup issue.  I have Kodi's Webserver setup with no username or password.  Is that an issue?

Well this is just confusing.

I can ping the box from the server.  But now I'm getting a port opened failed.  Where is the setting in Kodi to change the default 9090 port?

That is confusing.  Can you verify that the Lantronix Add-in is working correctly (check subsystem status under Devices.Lantronix)?  Do you have any other devices that rely on it?

Also, can you delete the port connection from the KODI device (use delete key), then re-add it?  Does this fix your issue?

I don't know why KODI calls it the "default" port setting.  Maybe because you can change it in an XML file somewhere?

samgreco said:
Well this is just confusing.

I can ping the box from the server.  But now I'm getting a port opened failed.  Where is the setting in Kodi to change the default 9090 port?

I don't have anything else that I use the Lantronix adapter for, so I cannot verify anything there.  I have never changed any default ports in Kodi, so I don'y know if that's it.  I kill the firewall to see if that was it and it wasn't.

I have tried both Kodi devices and get the same thing, so I has to be on the server side.  I may need to spin up a VM on another machine and do a clean Premise/Kodi setup.

Are you using a VM now?  I would try Premise without the VM and see if that works.  There's never been a reason to require a clean Premise setup in my years of using it, but I haven't tried it on a VM.

Please let us know what the problem was, and thanks for being the guinea pig on the KODI module.

PS:  another debugging hint is to google how to telnet using port 9090 into KODI's remote service (from the Premise server) and issue some JSON-RPC commands manually.  Let us know how this works.

So I looked closer and wasn't convinced that it was on the server.  I decided to download a different RPi ISO and went with the OSMC stable build.

It is pulling TV show data as I type.  I'll let you know how it goes with the rest.

Now I need to see if I can figure out why the FireTV doesn't work.  But it has a fairly old build of Kodi.  I really haven't used it in 6 months or more.

Ran into a script error pulling in Movies.  TV Import ran without a hitch.  I can't get Music to import, although I think it may be on the KODI side.

Here is the error I am seeing on the Movie import.  And it seems to just stop at this point.  Still says it' importing, but nothing seems to change.

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:910]

So, your import doesn't seem to like anything empty if you select "Import All".  If I import individually what I know I have it works fine.

But it doesn't seem to import any of the Add-On stuff in Music.  I was trying to get this to essentially be an internet radio.  That's what started this trek.  So this may have it's place in my setup, but I need to find another way to do the online streaming stuff.

But this is a pretty cool module.  Very nicely done.

If you can try importing movies again and take a screen shot of what port spy shows when it stops, I can see if I can fix this for you.  I don't have a library with empty content items mixed in like that to test.

It should skip over any empty libraries.  Now if you mean you have empty content items in a library containing other valid content items, then you could have a corrupt KODI library.

For example, if you use "ImportAll" and don't have any tv shows, it will automatically skip to Channels.

Please try toggling "ImportMovies" or if that already works fine, try "ImportAll" again and paste what port spy shows when importing freezes...  Thanks in advance for your help!

samgreco said:
So, your import doesn't seem to like anything empty if you select "Import All".  If I import individually what I know I have it works fine.

But it doesn't seem to import any of the Add-On stuff in Music.  I was trying to get this to essentially be an internet radio.  That's what started this trek.  So this may have it's place in my setup, but I need to find another way to do the online streaming stuff.

But this is a pretty cool module.  Very nicely done.

Back