Upgrading XEP to V2- "No ethernet expander update files found" message

newalarm

So I tried last night to upgrade the XEP. I am reading the upgrade notes and following them.

I copied the XEP v2 upgrade file into the update folder.

I am running
RP 2.0.24
M1G 5.2.10

The XEP is 1.3.28 with boot 1.2.0

My first step, was to upgrade the XEP bootware. When I got to "enroll/update control and devices" and then select the XEP and hit update, it gives me following message:

"No ethernet expander update files found".

Any ideas?

I updated recently without issue. I think you need to download the firmware update file and double click to install it, not copy to a particular folder.

So update when smoothly. I can connect to XEP through RP and got the v2 installed.

However, i cannot get ekeypad up. It says "the configuration for my elk M1 specifies login details, but the XEP module is not asking for login details".

I will do some research on my end and see if there is something I need to do with ekeypad.

tks.

The XEP upgrade forces a factory reset, thus you must push (send) your XEP configuration details into the XEP. This includes the authentication credentials you defined.

The next thing you will run into is all eight areas will show up in third party apps if/when you upgrade the M1G, even though you have fewer defined in RP. You have to use RP to add the unused areas, send all areas, delete unused, then send all areas. This will delete the unused areas which were restored during factory reset of the M1G. I believe this was introduced in 5.3.x. Latest is 5.3.8.

sent to XEP last night and ekeypad works now. I did not have any problems with my areas, but have not yet upgraded M1g.

I also did windows 10 upgrade on my PC, so now I need to deal with those issues. I think I will look a doing dual boot on that machine to run ubuntu as main OS and use Parallel on the Mac for RP, if it works. Windows is always a pain.

I use Mac OS X, but use VirtualBox to run a Windows XP and 7 guest OS just for ElkRP. Works great. I gave up dual booting many years ago due to the compatibility issues between Linux and Windows, especially since discovering VirtualBox.

Back