Please watch the other numbered tutorial videos on my channel, as they provide the necessary background on where to download Premise for free and how to set things up like a KODI module and SpeechParser module for voice control via Tasker and AutoVoice:
This video demonstrates integrating many of Tasker's global variables into a home automation (HA) system.
This lets you do things like:
1. Get your phones location into your HA server. This would allow turning the lights off as you leave your home, or you could use location as another security layer for unlocking your door with your voice. This also allows multiple locations can be defined on the HA server, meaning little management is needed within Tasker.
2. Use a spare phone for reporting light intensity, humidity, pressure, temperature, magnetic field strength, and detecting vibrations etc...
3. Pause your KODI box when you cell phone rings.
4. Send caller id to your KODI box (probably cover this in a later video if there are questions).
5. Track your cell phone calls within your HA server.
6. Keep all the HA logic in the HA server, and not within Tasker. This means you can have multiple phones, and not worry about updating Tasker each time your HA setup changes.
ADDENDUM: I accidentally showed a missed call from my home screen, so I had to cut the video after 36 minutes!
I cut the part out about using the LastDeparture and LocationLastDeparted properties of CallMonitorTasker to turn off the lights. To do this, just use an OnChangeScript for LastDeparture (under Home.CallMonitorTasker), then check if LocationLastDeparted = "Home" or whatever location you named it, and put the actions under the if statement.
The Tasker module I created took a significant amount of time to engineer. By downloading the module, you agree that if you share this with friends or on a forum, you will post a link to the video ONLY and not to my google drive, bypassing the video. This allows me to control the version by simply updating the link in the video description as new features are added; it also gives me a free beer once a few thousand folks watch it...
To download, the module, please visit the video description on YouTube.
Edited by etc6849, 12 October 2015 - 07:50 PM.