Premise VIDEO: Premise Tasker module

Motorola Premise

etc6849

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyE-2UXUgn8

Please watch the other numbered tutorial videos on my channel, as they provide the necessary background on where to download Premise for free and how to set things up like a KODI module and SpeechParser module for voice control via Tasker and AutoVoice:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6fLTEmRoGam7B5VoKazC9A

This video demonstrates integrating many of Tasker's global variables into a home automation (HA) system.

This lets you do things like:
1. Get your phones location into your HA server.  This would allow turning the lights off as you leave your home, or you could use location as another security layer for unlocking your door with your voice.  This also allows multiple locations can be defined on the HA server, meaning little management is needed within Tasker.

2. Use a spare phone for reporting light intensity, humidity, pressure, temperature, magnetic field strength, and detecting vibrations etc...

3. Pause your KODI box when you cell phone rings.

4. Send caller id to your KODI box (probably cover this in a later video if there are questions).

5. Track your cell phone calls within your HA server.

6. Keep all the HA logic in the HA server, and not within Tasker.  This means you can have multiple phones, and not worry about updating Tasker each time your HA setup changes.

ADDENDUM:  I accidentally showed a missed call from my home screen, so I had to cut the video after 36 minutes!

I cut the part out about using the LastDeparture and LocationLastDeparted properties of CallMonitorTasker to turn off the lights.  To do this, just use an OnChangeScript for LastDeparture (under Home.CallMonitorTasker), then check if LocationLastDeparted = "Home" or whatever location you named it, and put the actions under the if statement.

The Tasker module I created took a significant amount of time to engineer.  By downloading the module, you agree that if you share this with friends or on a forum, you will post a link to the video ONLY and not to my google drive, bypassing the video.  This allows me to control the version by simply updating the link in the video description as new features are added; it also gives me a free beer once a few thousand folks watch it...

To download, the module, please visit the video description on YouTube.

Thanks for this.  This works pretty well.  I can get it to deal with all of my lights.  

But I cannot get it to do my media or scenes.  My media content is managed by Premise currently.  It's an MP3 library and radio stations currently.

Is this not doable?  Or am I doing something wrong (as I expect I am :) )?

I haven't watched this latest video yet, but do you have your system setup to do caller ID from your obihai to KODI?

Definitely, although I think the KODI video only tells you what properties to set (using a script), but doesn't show an example.  You can also display a doorbell picture from an ip based camera too or any picture (just discussed too, but maybe a future video idea).

You can use most of the example in the Tasker video, where the video shows how to pause KODI when the phone rings.  Just add two lines to the code to display the caller id from Call Monitor by setting the KODI device module's "Message" properties.

I probably need to do a OBi video in the future, but the Tasker module goes over the same CallMonitor and Contacts module the OBi module uses.  The OBi module is what I use at my house.  I've never had it not work, although that was the very first perl script I wrote.

Don't know if you've seen this:

http://joaoapps.com/autoremote/

This get's added to Chrome as an extension and allows you to send voice commands from ANY Chrome browser to another device with AutoVoice.  So I set it up on my desktop running Windows 10 and it relays voice input to my phone which then fires Premise stuff.  Took me a while to realize that I needed to also preface with "OK Google".  So there is the hotword I chose for the Windows AutoRemote, then OK Google then command.  A bit clunky, but...  It does work.

Wish I could change OK Google to something else.  Or get rid of it completely.  Then I could set up a dedicated Android box to be a speech interpreter and leave it in my equipment rack  Then any device in my house can become a voice input device.

I have a nice Cortana app I'm going to post to the Store after I finish it off in a few weeks (I have to open a dev account which costs money :( ). 

It should work great with any recent MS product...  Now you can finally use your Xbox One to control Premise using your voice.

It also acts as VoiceService accessible to Cortana.  As a service, the main app doesn't need to load, yet you can still have Cortana read everything back, display a text response and an image.  Only took a few days to learn enough about Visual Studio (free version is great), VB.net and Windows Universal Apps.

The Cortana API is nothing short of awesome compared to Google's lack there of, and Amazon's functional but limited approach.   MS really has voice control figured out.  It will change the way we use our desktops.

Still pretty mad about Windows Media Center being discontinued though...

You have been a Premise machine of late.  Can't wait to try it out.  The 3 step approach I'm working on now looks promise.  But straight Cortana would be awesome.

Can't say that the WMC thing bothered me much, nor did it surprise me.  There aren't too many technologies that MS has long term patience on.

You do know that SageTV went open source, right?  Seems to be a fair bit of action going on over there as they try to find their way.  I still think it's the most solid TV system out there.

Unfortunately, I have too much time invested in KODI at this point to switch!  The only thing that I can't do with KODI is watch cable content that has the "copy once" flag enabled.  I don't have cable though, so I don't have a use for that.

KODI has some decent PVR tuner add-ons, but I too wish it was a fully integrated solution like you're talking about.  The main reason I went with KODI was the JSON-RPC protocol, and you can see how powerful that is in my KODI videos and module I posted (for example, it's the first Premise module I've seen with full two-way mSense control).

I don't know if this can be done with Sage easily; I'd assume it can.  However, I really can't develop something like that if I'm not personally going to get use out of it.  No reason I couldn't use the KODI module as a skeleton and make it into a SageTV module if an hourly rate was worked out though ;)

samgreco said:
You have been a Premise machine of late.  Can't wait to try it out.  The 3 step approach I'm working on now looks promise.  But straight Cortana would be awesome.

Can't say that the WMC thing bothered me much, nor did it surprise me.  There aren't too many technologies that MS has long term patience on.

You do know that SageTV went open source, right?  Seems to be a fair bit of action going on over there as they try to find their way.  I still think it's the most solid TV system out there.

Well, integrating Sage with Premise is not an issue for me.  At least not now.

I tried a few of the PVR backends with KODI, and just was not able to get any of them to perform well using my FireTV box.  And if I'm going to use a PC, I'll just stick with my SageTV client.

I use Windows Media Center with KODI and it works with all of my KODI clients (FireTV, Raspberry PI 2, Windows). I used to use Sage, but I like the fact that KODI runs on a lot of different devices.

I like KODI, I just could never get a good, consistent live TV.  Especially the guide.  Always took forever to load.  I'm sure that I'll try it again before too long.  I'd really like to have clients that I can run native Hulu, Netflix, etc. on.

We would all love that. ;)

The problem is every non-native way to access Netflix either lacks all the features or doesn't look as nice as native Netflix.

With 4k just around the corner, and 4k content being drm protected requiring both HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2, it is likely that any open source platform is not going to display the best possible stream (at least it may not have surround, 4k, high dynamic range (HDR) video, etc...).

I think something like the NVidia Shield and along with IR and IP based commands is the best we will ever attain (in the very near future and for years to come).  I could be wrong as I haven't studied how the new 4k Netflix app works.  Maybe if all the copy protection is all in the video stream, there'll be options to grab the stream and display it in non-native apps like there is now.  I highly doubt it though, as there'd be options for 4k Netflix all over the place if this was the case.

PS: 
The Cortana "Control Home" app is coming along very nicely!  Just a few things left to add:  handle HTTPS and maybe offer a customizable intent word.  The default is Control Home, so you have to say "Hey Cortana..."  "control home turn off the master bathroom light."

I want to give the user an option to change the intent, but this complicates things.  I guess I can always post version 1.0 without this feature (can release it very soon), and gauge interest from there.

The cool thing, all your server data is stored in the cloud.  That means you type the settings once on your desktop, and they'll migrate to your Windows Phone or Xbox One.​

That's the point of having an Android SageTV app.  I could run a native Netflix/Hulu/Amazon AND SageTV on something like a Shield.

Can't wait to try the Cortana app.

Do you use an SSL cert on your Premise server for HTTPS?

I have everything working, but there is only a way to allow untrusted or expired certificates if the domain name matches exactly.  The other override options don't work.

Worse yet, most free dynamic dns sites aren't going to allow you to create a cert, so the domain will never match for this type of setup. 

If you have a static domain, I think HTTPS will work.  I tested HTTPS locally (by using HTTPS://[MACHINENAME] and it works for me with a self signed (untrusted) cert.

Back